3 cans beef broth

1½ cup dry red wine

½ tsp. Basil (dry) + or -

3 Tbsp. Chopped parsley (dived use) I use more, some when cooking and some
on top at the end of cooking.

2 to 3 medium zucchini cut in ½ inch slices

1 or 2 bell peppers, red, orange, yellow, and if you must green. Cut into
strips

3 cups dry pasta (bow ties) or ½ of a bag (6 oz)

Fresh Grated Parmesan (serve on top of soup) for presentation at table.(not
the can stuff)

Three cheese bread sticks warmed in oven, to be served at table.

Cook sausage, till browned, stir often. Remove and drain, leaving about
three Tbsp. Fat to brown onions. Add garlic toward the end of browning
onions. Add Italian tomatoes, sausage, broth, wine, and basil.

Simmer 20 minutes covered, stir in parsley (save some to put on top, at end
of cooking) bell pepper, zucchini, and pasta. Cover and simmer about 10 to
15 minutes. Uncover add fresh parsley. (A note here* I add the bell peppers
after the zucchini and pasta, so the bell peppers do not overcook.)

I let this rest for maybe 15 to 20 minutes. Before serving with cheese bread
sticks and Fresh Parmesan cheese!!! [/FONT]

Attachments

• Italian Sausage Soup.jpg
    Italian Sausage Soup.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 221

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
That looks wonderful Guts...and welcome to the forum! I think I can speak for everyone when I say that we'd love it if you would stop by the Member Introduction forum and introduce yourself so we can get to know you a little better!

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
welcome to the forum I am looking forward to your recipes and pics. each day there is a new thread dedicated to what you cooked that day. please do join us and post pics of your daily meals. this is an EXCELLENT kick off!! that looks fantastic!!

did you take that pic? excellent photo!!

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Welcome aboard Guts, and what a way to start! That is awesome looking soup. I must try it!

Guts

Thank all of you for your interest. lilbopeep Yes yes I did take the picture, here is one more. I have been in other forums before and I seem to recognize some of the screen names here from other forums. small world...
One question? where would one post about Pies (pizza type)? I tried to ask this question in chit chat but it wouldn't let me in.

Attachments

• soup.jpg
    soup.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 203

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Thank all of you for your interest. lilbopeep Yes yes I did take the picture, here is one more. I have been in other forums before and I seem to recognize some of the screen names here from other forums. small world...
One question? where would one post about Pies (pizza type)? I tried to ask this question in chit chat but it wouldn't let me in.
hmmmmmmmmm let me check. i will get back to you in a few.

very nice pic taking skills. the fist one is so striking, the colors so vibrant!!

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter

I would think pizza type pies would go in the baking forum under bread. You can post it there and if the mods think it should be somewhere else, they'll move it...no harm done. We're a pretty laid back bunch of folks.:flowers:

buckytom

Grill Master
pizza is american?

va fa napoli!!!

i think the 19th century italian court of margherita would have a problem with that.

in fact, the term pizza itself has been around for more than a millenium, referring to a flat bread with toppings.

anywho, another nice dish, guts. :clap:

so, do we know each other from somewhere? i've been around (cooking sites, that is...)

Guts

so, do we know each other from somewhere? i've been around (cooking sites, that is...)
-------------------------------------------------------------
I have always used "Guts" as a screen name. and I do remember seeing your screen name in an other forum, a long as some of the others here.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
-------------------------------------------------------------
I have always used "Guts" as a screen name. and I do remember seeing your screen name in an other forum, a long as some of the others here.
i don't think i have seen your name before. i use several different names on other sites.

Guts

I used to be there. Lots of us used to be there. Bit of history about that place.

I'm not going to ask and do not want to know. It's water under the bridge, I've been in enough forums to see things happen, and some times brake up a good group.
I will Not Say anything more on this subject at all ! I knew I had seen some of the screen names before.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I'm not going to ask and do not want to know. It's water under the bridge, I've been in enough forums to see things happen, and some times brake up a good group.
I will Not Say anything more on this subject at all ! I knew I had seen some of the screen names before.
LOL you sound like forrest gump!!

btw i LOVE that movie!! "and thats all i have to say about that" :mrgreen: