I just made this the other night. lol Here's the marinade that I use:

1/4 cup soy sauce
3 T. honey
2 T. vinegar
1-1/2 tsp. ginger, grated
1-1/2 tsp. garlic, minced
3/4 c. oil
1 green onion, chopped

Combine all ingredients. The recipe called for ground ginger and garlic powder but I prefer the fresh.

GrantsKat

Thanks Barb!! I noticed that most of the marinades call for fresh ginger and I only have the ground. Did you use white vinegar?

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Yes Barb's is very close to mine also with the only exception being I use rice wine vinegar for the vinegar as well as a shot or two of Sriracha and Worcestershire.

homecook

Thanks Barb!! I noticed that most of the marinades call for fresh ginger and I only have the ground. Did you use white vinegar?

You can use the ground ginger, Heather does and it comes out the same. lol
Yes, I do use white vinegar. I imagine you could use a number of different types of vinegar, like joec said he uses rice wine vinegar.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Worchetershire is almost a requirement for me. :wink:

I use the rice wine vinegar mostly because white vinegar has a much stronger after taste which the rice vinegar doesn't have. I have used other vinegars from white wine to balsamic before as there really isn't any set rules with marinates other than something to help break down the toughness of the meat and add some flavors.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
i like to use...

a dark beer,worchestershire sauce,cumin...

for the acid i use a lime or lemon,squeezed and the whole thing thrown into a ziplock bag...lots of garlic, touch of ginger(fresh is best),fresh cracked pepper and thats about it

this works great if you are cooking over a charcoal base(lump works best).... get it good and hot and down to ashes....blow the ashes off and lay the meat directly onto the coals...let it sit for a couple of minutes...flip and do the same thing.... then wrap in heavy duty tinfoil.... place back onto the grill and cook until done.. it will remain juicy and tender,great for fajitas

what cha got

I usually use bottled Teriyaki Marinade.
Score the flank steak on both sides put it in a large plastic bag and toss in the fridge for a few hours, turn it over several times.

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
I usually use bottled Teriyaki Marinade.
Score the flank steak on both sides put it in a large plastic bag and toss in the fridge for a few hours, turn it over several times.

Mmmmm, Mr. Yoshida's sweet teriyaki sauce with garlic is killer! :bb:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I‘m doing this for tomorrow night and will grill it. It’s in the refer marinating.

Sounds delcious!

London Broil Steak with Sun-dried Tomatoes Marinade

Ingredients​

• 1 CUP RED WINE
  • 1/2 CUP OIL-PACKED SUN-DRIED TOMATOES, DRAINED
  • 1/4 CUP PACKED FRESH BASIL LEAVES
  • 4 GARLIC CLOVES, CRUSHED AND PEELED
  • 1 TEASPOON KOSHER SALT
  • 1/4 TEASPOON CRUSHED RED PEPPER FLAKES
  • 1/2 CUP PLUS 2 TABLESPOONS EXTRA-VIRGIN OLIVE OIL
  • 1 (1 3/4 POUND) BONELESS BEEF SHOULDER LONDON BROIL STEAK, ABOUT 1 TO 1 ½-INCHES THICK

Directions​

In a food processor, combine the wine, sun-dried tomatoes, basil, garlic, salt, and red pepper flakes. Pulse to make a chunky paste. Scrape down the sides of the bowl, and then with the machine running, pour in ½ cup of the olive oil in a steady stream to make a smooth sauce.
Put the steak in a resealable plastic bag and pour in the marinade. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour or up to overnight.
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Remove the steak from the marinade (but don’t pat it dry, let the marinade coat it) and put it in a roasting pan. Drizzle with the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, and roast until medium rare, about 20 minutes. Remove to a cutting board, let rest for 5 to 10 minutes, then thinly slice against the grain and serve.

Johnny West

It went in oven but I set timer for 40 minutes. I was going to grill it but it’s raining and dark already.

IMG_7167.jpeg