What's on your Reading list?

lilylove

So, I'm heading to Amazon.com to stock up on a few books for the beach... any one reading anything good?

suziquzie

hehe fred.... that was good!

I'm seriously behind on my John Grisham books. I just finished The Last Juror last night..... next up is THe Brethren...... if I can find it in the pile of a junk room....
I like Mary Higgins Clark also.... James Patterson....

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
I have been reading Robert Harris these last few days. The Ghost is very good (especially if you know something of British politics over the last few years.)

buckytom

Grill Master
windows active directory for dummies, dns for dummies, and a giant stack of technical manuals from evertz, harris, omnibus, and miranda.

i just have to keep repeating "i love my job, i love my job, i love my job"...

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter

LOL, lily!

Well, what do you like? Good beach books for me are mysteries written by best selling authors Harlan Coban, James Patterson, Robert Parker, Lisa Gardner, Stephen King.

Patterson's "Beach Road" was GREAT! Not "Beach HOUSE" but "Beach Road".

And I LOVED Stephen King's "Cell", since I'm so anti-cell phone. LOL! It was a fabulous premise!

I envy your beach vacation! Have a margarita for me!

Lee

PanchoHambre

I am reading Love in the Time of Cholera... can't say I am nearly as enthralled with it as I was 100 Years of Solitude which was one of my favorite books ever..

Not reading nearly as much as I should switching the car commute for the train really killed that.... and my doggies get annoyed

lilylove

LOL, lily!

Well, what do you like? Good beach books for me are mysteries written by best selling authors Harlan Coban, James Patterson, Robert Parker, Lisa Gardner, Stephen King.

Patterson's "Beach Road" was GREAT! Not "Beach HOUSE" but "Beach Road".

And I LOVED Stephen King's "Cell", since I'm so anti-cell phone. LOL! It was a fabulous premise!

I envy your beach vacation! Have a margarita for me!

Lee

I read Beach Road! Yep, it was good!!
I'll check out the Cell. Haven't read any King in a long time.

THANK YOU!!

lilylove

I am reading Love in the Time of Cholera... can't say I am nearly as enthralled with it as I was 100 Years of Solitude which was one of my favorite books ever..

Not reading nearly as much as I should switching the car commute for the train really killed that.... and my doggies get annoyed

Ok, Off to Amazon to check out both LOVE IN THE TIME OF CHOLERA ( I think I've heard of this one) and 100 YEARS OF SOLITUDE!

THANK YOU Pacho!!

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
I picked up and dusted off my old copies of two books that I read in school. One in 8th grade: "Animal Farm" by George Orwell and the second was a play from honors French class, "Les Jeux Sont Faits" by Jean-Paul Sartre. Both should probably take an evening each if I stay off the computer.

lilylove

How's that going for you Mav? You post so fast...is there between time?

I'm trying to read at Amazon and I"m not getting anywhere!

TexasGirl

The Invisible
Super Site Supporter
I'm on book 3 of the Twilight Saga. what do you like reading? drama, horror, romance, mystery........

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
windows active directory for dummies, dns for dummies, and a giant stack of technical manuals from evertz, harris, omnibus, and miranda.

i just have to keep repeating "i love my job, i love my job, i love my job"...

Similar list to DW's. Hers involve Cirix, Windows Eschange and something else, I didn't really hear.

buckytom

Grill Master
yup, they're real page turners. i've got a lot of learning to do over the next year, or i'll be out of a job.

i'm amazed at people who can actually slow down and read something for enjoyment purposes.

Biskit

I have a copy of Flag of our Fathers which, you'll recall, was made into a movie a couple of years ago. It was, truly hard to put down. Another WWII saga is Where the Birds Never Sing, the story told of a signal corps-turned-infantry fella who was in the liberation of Auschwitz. Sorta graphic in places, but a good read..........if you're into that sort of thing.

buckytom

Grill Master
my dad was at the liberation of a concentration camp in '45. he was a medic for the 28th infantry, so he was called in to assist when they discovered it. even though he never had to fire a shot in the second world war, he said that it was difficult for the himself and the men in his division not to kill every german that they saw after that for a while.

it cracks him up whenever he hears people question whether or not the holocaust happened. he always told me that if i hear it, tell them your dad saw it first hand.

*********joke deleted at susan's request. *************

it was only a joke, and since you heard it before...

Last edited:

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
Response deleted because BuckyTom was so kind and volunteered to delete the joke that made me feel uncomfortable when I told him and why.

Last edited:

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Speaking of, and back to books, I'm reading The Story Of Sushi by Trevor Corson (much better than it sounds) and The Next 100 Years by George Friedman. It's sort of an updated version of John Naisbitt's Megatrends from the 80's.

buckytom

Grill Master
susan, what division and regiment was your dad in, at bastogne?

i could suggest a few good books or videos if he's interested. as a hobby, i've studied a lot about the european campaigns.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Yes my father was in the South Pacific (4th Marine Division) during WWII. He died about 8 years ago now. Only 4 of the original guys when the division was formed survived the whole war, he was one of them.