Odd bacon phenomenon

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Since I had more time today, I slowly fried up a pound of bacon in a pan on top of the stove, instead of baking it on a rack in the oven as I usually do.

Oddly, about half of the slices formed right angles as they cooked.

I choose to believe they are L's. Maybe a sign from the beyond?

Anyway, they fit well on slices of sandwich bread!

:smile:

Lee

Frying up in a pan (doo doooo, doo doo)

Bacon L's 1 in pan.JPG

Draining

Bacon L's 2 draining.JPG

On a BLT with homegrown T

Bacon L's 3 BLT.JPG

UncleRalph

Quo Fata Ferunt
Site Supporter
has to do with the lean, v fat getting cooked, nothing biggy. . . though, it is an election year, if they are leaning too far in a direction you don't like, just flip 'em over and you're good to go.

Ian M.

If Ralph's theory is politically correct, where I come from that would possibly mean that Labour gets the election and the Torries tank! About the same mind-set as here, isn't it? Personally, I love the fact that that bacon fits so cleverly on a square slice of bread to make a "neat" BLT sandwich.

Ian :bounce:

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
has to do with the lean, v fat getting cooked, nothing biggy. . . though, it is an election year, if they are leaning too far in a direction you don't like, just flip 'em over and you're good to go.

:yum: :yum:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
you had me at "so i fried a pound of bacon..."

Yeah, my roomate and I nuke slices for BLT's or use it on salads as crumbles during the week.

If health was not an issue, I bet I could eat the whole pound in one sitting.

Lee

UncleRalph

Quo Fata Ferunt
Site Supporter
*sigh*

Lee

It is. It's just like when you get a thin steak that wants to curl because of that little bit of something in there, but in bacon, and I can only imagine it's a REALLY lean strip in there cooking faster than the rest.

I like Buckys theory to, essay.