salt and pepper

For each Napolean you'll need:

2 portobello mushrooms
2 slices fresh mozzarella cheese
2 large slices of tomato
Sprig of fresh basil

Preparation:

Preheat oven to 375F

Melt the butter in a large skillet and add the onion, celery and bell pepper and saute til soft. Chop the tomatoes and remove the seeds. Add to the pan with the tomato paste and fire-roasted tomatoes. Bring to a boil and cook about 5 minutes covered. Add the chicken stock and cook 15-20 minutes. Stir every few minutes.

Brush oil on the mushrooms and season with salt and pepper. Bake on sheet pan for 15 minutes.

Add heavy cream to tomato mixture and remove from heat. Add salt and pepper to taste. Puree the sauce in food processor. You might have to do it in batches. I used my hand blender.

Place a portobello on your plate, add a slice of mozzarella, then a slice of tomato, another slice of cheese and another tomato slice. Top with a portobello mushroom. Ladle the sauce over the top of the napoleon. Add a sprig of basil on top.

Attachments

• 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    86.1 KB · Views: 167
  • 016.JPG
    016.JPG
    88.9 KB · Views: 156

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
I must live a sheltered life, Barb - I have never seen this before! I love it when I discover brand new things...thanks so much for posting the recipe. This just looks so delicious, I'll be making it very very soon.

homecook

Thank you everyone!

Karen, I've had this recipe for a couple years and have been wanting to make it since then. lol I hope you give it a try.