Saturday, 5/14/2011, Whats cooking?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
The plan is burgers, hot dogs, homemade mac salad, green salad, possibly corn on the cob, and doctored canned B & M baked beans (I add stuff to make BBQ baked beans). If it doesn't rain I may grill.

Any plans?

Carolina Cooking

ha I made mac salad last night for today. I ate most of it last night, it is sooooooooo good :bonk:

I want fried chix but will do bbq. I want corn on the cob.I want some fried okra .:ohmy: so maybe that will be it :yum:

or a nice big juicy burger ..

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
This is my weekend on- so, I'm thinking Arby's
The chicken and pecan salad sandwiches are back.. yay! lol
I like the same in the wrap they offer too.

arbys.jpg

abi_csi

I'm planning to cook some polenta this evening. Saw an amazing recipe for it but they used so much cheese and butter. Served with stewed meats and rich tomato sauce.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I have to go to PetSmart and Sam's so I think I'll probably just pick up a rotisserie chicken and make some salads.

It's only 9:20 AM, & I haven't a clue. Just stuck my head in the freezer & found two pieces of Atlantic salmon stuffed w/ spinach & feta from the market. Thinking about sides - maybe lime rice & asparagus. I have strawberries I need to use up. Will see as the day progresses.

mhend

I'm still not sure. I am really wanting some seafood on the grill, so maybe salmon. I'll have to go to the market in a bit. I guess I'll decide then. :)

Guts

some form of dried pasta, cooked with a tomato sauce, and garlic bread. I have some prepared pizza sauce left over in my use this on the pasta?

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
some form of dried pasta, cooked with a tomato sauce, and garlic bread. I have some prepared pizza sauce left over in my use this on the pasta?
Add some onions, mushrooms, wine whatever you have to it and it will be fine. Crustless pasta pizza!! LOL It should be fine. I never use pizza sauce I just use tomato sauce (or tomato paste). It tastes the same to me except pizza sauce is maybe thicker.

Guts

Add some onions, mushrooms, wine whatever you have to it and it will be fine. Crustless pasta pizza!! LOL It should be fine. I never use pizza sauce I just use tomato sauce (or tomato paste). It tastes the same to me except pizza sauce is maybe thicker.

Nothing but canned mushrooms in the house but that's a possibility. We have stores out here called smart and final and they're prepared pizza sauce is as good as any homemade that I've had. (Well, that might be a stretch, but it is good). It's not as good as the Escalon brand that I get it restaurant depot. I've used it before with pasta and really like the flavor. The thickness factor is also a plus, I don't like thim sauces with pasta. I prefer the thicker sauce. I believe smart and final stores are indigenous to the West Coast but anyone looking for an inexpensive pizza sauce. I'll include a picture.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
We're just about to close over here and starting to think about dinner. I have about 3 dozen mussels from yesterday's special. I hate to throw any food away, but there is no way to serve day old musssels here. I could take them home and have them as a first course or make them the second course if I serve them over pasta...

I'm really more interested in cocktail hour at this point:alc:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
We're just about to close over here and starting to think about dinner. I have about 3 dozen mussels from yesterday's special. I hate to throw any food away, but there is no way to serve day old musssels here. I could take them home and have them as a first course or make them the second course if I serve them over pasta...

I'm really more interested in cocktail hour at this point:alc:
Could you use the leftover mussels in some sort of fish soup/chowder?

cookingirl

:readytoeat:
Easy, peasy....
delivery of mushroom pizza and a greek salad---no onions, extra feta!!
very busy to day---
Trader Joe's, Comcast service center ( for a large button remote for Dad). BJ's, Stop and Shop, Convenience store for lottery tix for Daddy and paper, threw laundry in in between...tired----enough
veggie out now, waiting for delivery!!

POOPed.......:popcorn:

Cuisinette

Hi everyone,

I am still very busy with the house, we are going back and forth all the time so there is no time for me to sit and post, but I am thinking of you all the time.
I see we got new happy members, welcome everyone.

Today was the only time we could celebrate (Mother's Day and my boyfriend's birthday) for which the children picked the tab @ a small breakfast place.

I got a Mother's Day card from my boyfriend's kids and a mini rose plant, and he got a card and an indoor/outdoor weather thermometer.

For dinner, we are invited to my girlfriend's birthday and I made for her a cake... she likes Strawberry Shortcake

Hope everyone is doing well and I miss to be here with you. I can read the posts from time to time so I can keep track with what is going on here.
Have fun!

StrawberryShortcake.jpg

Leni

Today is hubby's 72 birthday. He was born on Mothers Day. We're going to our favorite Italian place with some friends.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Hi everyone,

I am still very busy with the house, we are going back and forth all the time so there is no time for me to sit and post, but I am thinking of you all the time.
I see we got new happy members, welcome everyone.

Today was the only time we could celebrate (Mother's Day and my boyfriend's birthday) for which the children picked the tab @ a small breakfast place.

I got a Mother's Day card from my boyfriend's kids and a mini rose plant, and he got a card and an indoor/outdoor weather thermometer.

For dinner, we are invited to my girlfriend's birthday and I made for her a cake... she likes Strawberry Shortcake

Hope everyone is doing well and I miss to be here with you. I can read the posts from time to time so I can keep track with what is going on here.
Have fun!

StrawberryShortcake.jpg
BEAUTIFUL CAKE!! Is that whipped cream frosting? Whipped cream is my FAVORITE frosting. YUMMY!!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Cheeseburger (seasoned burger, American cheese, fried onions, pickle and ketchup on a poppy seed roll), homemade mac salad (small shells, yellow onion, green onion, celery, albacore tuna, cubed Cabot extra sharp cheddar, mayo, sour cream, ground seal salt, ground peppercorns and white vinegar), green salad (with tomato and cheddar cheese), steamed & buttered white sweet corn on the cob and doctored baked beans (B & M baked beans, molasses, brown sugar, Gulden’s spicy brown mustard, Heinz ketchup, Coleman’s dry mustard, ground sea salt, ground peppercorns and liquid hickory smoke).

051411_burger_mac_salad.jpg

Cuisinette

BEAUTIFUL CAKE!! Is that whipped cream frosting? Whipped cream is my FAVORITE frosting. YUMMY!!

Thanks Peeps, it is Bavarian Cream... a mix of vanilla cream, whip cream and butter.

I love those beans you have there... and I'll steal a pickle too :whistling:

Nancy-MD

Wow would you look at Peep's plate! I want to dive into the picture and eat it up!
And then have some of Cuisinette's strawberry cake, but it's much too pretty to even think about cutting.

Everyone's having good food today!

I pan fried ribeye steaks cause it's a nasty weather day to grill out. I had a baked sweet potato with butter and cinnamon sugar and my DH had brown rice.

Attachments

• ribeye and sweet potato 003.jpg
    ribeye and sweet potato 003.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 124

Guts

fantastic looking cake Cuisinette I have a sweet tooth that I have a real hard time controlling man that looks good.

Peeps your meal reminds me of a good old backyard barbecue the kind I grew up with. Now I'm craving fresh corn on the cob.

Nancy it's been quite a while since I've had a steak, now I want steak and corn on the cob may have to go for a search in the freezer, for tomorrow.

Cuisinette

Wow would you look at Peep's plate! I want to dive into the picture and eat it up!
And then have some of Cuisinette's strawberry cake, but it's much too pretty to even think about cutting.

Why is everyone saying that about my cakes?
I go to the party and they say "you cut it"... why, it is not my day :ermm:

Nancy, have the biggest slice you like, I'll let you pick extra strawberries, even though is packed with the fruit.

Guts

Cuisinette I wouldn't have a problem cutting the cake that way I get a nice big piece Yum

Cuisinette

fantastic looking cake Cuisinette I have a sweet tooth that I have a real hard time controlling man that looks good.

How I wish you were closer... I make the cakes, but I don't eat them.
I could use more practice, I find them not so perfect, OK... but not perfect :)

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

Everyone's having good food today!

I pan fried ribeye steaks cause it's a nasty weather day to grill out. I had a baked sweet potato with butter and cinnamon sugar and my DH had brown rice.
Thank you Nan!! I want YOUR steak and tater!!

Peeps your meal reminds me of a good old backyard barbecue the kind I grew up with. Now I'm craving fresh corn on the cob.

Nancy it's been quite a while since I've had a steak, now I want steak and corn on the cob may have to go for a search in the freezer, for tomorrow.
Thank you guts. The burger was really juicy, the corn very sweet, beans were nicely doctored, mac salad had the perfect amount of dressing not to soupy or dry. AND it was ALL done in the house!! LOL