Carolina Gold Rice

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
so, rumor has it that the Carolina aka "low country" heritage strain known as "Gold" is like super duper rice . . .

it's not in stores. I can only find it in ten pound sacks on Amazon - not a single 1 or 2 pound package found I available.....

now, the cost is not unreasonable - but 10 lbs is about a year's supply for the two of us.

the Q is: anyone with 1st hand experience? is it worth the trouble?

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
so, rumor has it that the Carolina aka "low country" heritage strain known as "Gold" is like super duper rice . . .

it's not in stores. I can only find it in ten pound sacks on Amazon - not a single 1 or 2 pound package found I available.....

now, the cost is not unreasonable - but 10 lbs is about a year's supply for the two of us.

the Q is: anyone with 1st hand experience? is it worth the trouble?

2 lb bag, $9.82.
http://www.carolinaplantationrice.com/store/products/Carolina-Plantation-Gold-Rice.html

Attachments

• shopGoldRice__37153_zoom.jpg
    shopGoldRice__37153_zoom.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 1,009

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
. . . weird - yesterday on Amazon only the 10# sacks showed up. today I see 2# sizes. wonder if I boobooed the search term . . .

anyone use it?

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
sigh . . . no ShopRites in our area. supposedly Walmart carries it but I haven't been in that neck of the woods lately to check.

I did run across a blurb - it's rice,,, it's 'special' only in that it's an heirloom seed/crop from some of the first rice to come to North America. low production (and yield?) makes it more expensive. I'd still give it a go tho . . .

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
sigh . . . no ShopRites in our area. supposedly Walmart carries it but I haven't been in that neck of the woods lately to check.

I did run across a blurb - it's rice,,, it's 'special' only in that it's an heirloom seed/crop from some of the first rice to come to North America. low production (and yield?) makes it more expensive. I'd still give it a go tho . . .
$5.79 for 80 oz. doesn't seem that bad a price. Averages about $1.15/lb.