Movies You Watched

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
We saw the first show on friday (9:45 AM not midnight) Harry Potter Deathly Hollows Part II at the AMC theater at Universal Studios Orlando. Thank God the "Potter" convention people (4,000 of them!!) stayed at the other hotel and went to the midnight show!!) :clap:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Went to see "The Help" today. Magnificent! Not a weak link in the entire cast!

Best movie I have seen in a long time!

(If you do see it, and/or have read the book, don't give away the thing about the pie!)

Lee

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
'goodfellas' like 4 times whilst i preped my food 2 be cooked over over a few dayz/nites in my main living room:hide2:.
& some of a weekend marathon on LMN:popcorn:

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
I re-watched the new Star Trek re-make last night on Roku. They did such a great job with that movie, although the young Spock gets all over my nerves! :lol:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
A couple of you recommended "Gran Torino", starring Clint Eastwood, so I watched it tonight.

Good call, guys - I really enjoyed it!

Lee

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Some friends and I went into Puerto Vallarta to go to an actual theater and see an actual movie this week. We saw Super 8 (in English with Spanish subtitles) and we loved it. A combo of Stand by Me, Close Encounters and ET. Had some wonderful fresh buttered popcorn and some Milk Duds, too.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Some friends and I went into Puerto Vallarta to go to an actual theater and see an actual movie this week. We saw Super 8 (in English with Spanish subtitles) and we loved it. A combo of Stand by Me, Close Encounters and ET. Had some wonderful fresh buttered popcorn and some Milk Duds, too.

I like all the movies you mentioned, Karen, so I'm sure I'd like Super 8. Will try to catch it, based on your recommendation.

LOL re: the popcorn and Milk Duds! When I went to see "The Help" recently, the matinee movie ticket was $8 and a small popcorn and small diet Pepsi was $9.50!!

It's an outrage, but nothing like movie theater popcorn. Next time, though, I'll bring my own bottle of water.

How much did the movie and refreshments cost you, Karen? In U.S. equivalent?

Lee

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
When we were in florida we went to see harry potter BUT the theater had fresh popped popcorn and you add your own butter (actully it's butter flavored oil product; I used to work at a theater and none use real butter any more like when we were kids). The add your own butter is new to me, they have the butter squirt/pump by the napkins, straws etc. In NJ you have to ask for the butter/oil and some places charge for "extra".

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
QSis said:
How much did the movie and refreshments cost you, Karen? In U.S. equivalent?

This was a beautiful new multiplex with 13 theaters, a national chain called "CineMex", so I thought it might be more expensive, but it wasn't.

I paid $45 pesos ($3.64) for my matinee ticket; 20 pesos each for my Coke and Milk Duds ($3.24 total); 50 pesos for the medium popcorn ($4.04), for a grand total of $10.92. And they had a pitcher of real melted butter on the counter to add your own butter.

Because the theater had just opened a few days' before, we were the only three people in the theater - private showing. Great day. And, a wonderful way to beat the heat in the summer.

Guts

Karen what's the exchange rate pesos the dollars they're is still 12 pesos to the dollar or as a gone down the 11 pesos per dollar

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
The rate today is 12.34 pesos to the dollar...since we've been here, it's been as low as 9 pesos and as high as 14! But when we first arrived 5 and 1/2 years ago, it was basically 10:1 most of the time. So when it goes up to 12:1, it's like getting a raise!

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
This was a beautiful new multiplex with 13 theaters, a national chain called "CineMex", so I thought it might be more expensive, but it wasn't.

I paid $45 pesos ($3.64) for my matinee ticket; 20 pesos each for my Coke and Milk Duds ($3.24 total); 50 pesos for the medium popcorn ($4.04), for a grand total of $10.92. And they had a pitcher of real melted butter on the counter to add your own butter.

Because the theater had just opened a few days' before, we were the only three people in the theater - private showing. Great day. And, a wonderful way to beat the heat in the summer.

HOLY COW!! LOL! Great deal!

Thanks for the reply, Karen!

Lee

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I don't rent many movies, but I saw three over the holidays.

The Help - Really enjoyed that, but the book was better

All Good Things - Yikes, really liked it, kept me riveted, but even at the end you've got all these questions still rolling through your mind

Social Networking - didn't even make it through the whole thing, just not for me

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I rented one tonight but bought one last week when it came out. I highly recommend Cowboys & Aliens which I bought. I got the Blu-Ray, DVD, and digital copies in one box. It is a very intertaining movie which I didn't think I would like at all when it was first announced as coming out, especailly as someone that is a NCOWS (old west reenactment) member. However after reading the great reviews from other members I bought it.

Tonight on my middle son's recommendation I rented Warrior about two brothers in Mixed Martial Arts which he isn't into but said he still really enjoyed it as it had a real plot and story. So I will let you know how that goes.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Auntie Mame

It's a Wonderful Life

King of Kings

Greatest Story Ever Told

Ben Hur

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Well all I can say about Warriors is WOW! Absolutely a good movie with a real story and MA is secondary to the real story. Two brothers a drunken father, oldest brother a Marine youngest son a Physics in high school about to lose his home. I won't tell you more than that but see it as the whole family hates the other and that is the story.

Two movies w/ Angela Lansbury on TMC:

The Picture of Dorian Gray
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooxr8gm7_ow&feature=related[/ame]

&

The Harvey Girls
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioQlOml6vvA[/ame]

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I watched The Children Are All Right last night. It wasn't at all what I expected, but it was pretty good.

Guts

pretty good movie in my opinion

The Locusts

(A Secret Sin)
1997 (R)125 minutes When drifter Clay Hewitt (Vince Vaughn) takes a job at Delilah Potts's (Kate Capshaw) ranch, he unwittingly sets up a dangerous love triangle in this tense drama. Taking up with local girl Kitty (Ashley Judd), Hewitt spurns his boss's advances. But Delilah doesn't like being rejected. Meanwhile, Hewitt develops a strong bond with Delilah's troubled young son, Flyboy (Jeremy Davies). Paul Rudd co-stars.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I'm always about a year behind on seeing movies :sad:.
Somewhere - Next movie that I want to see:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3cPbxCBGVo[/ame]

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Watching: Sweet November (the 1968 version with Anthony Newly and Sandy Dennis) for the first time.

I LOVE the Keanu Reeve and Charlize Theron version. I never knew that it was a remake.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I watched It's Complicated with Meryl Streep again last night. I love just about anything that she's in. Looking forward to seeing this: [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfK8DF0AdRw[/ame]

"S***, I hope you're happy." :yum:

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I'm a sucker for Lifetime Movies. If you followed the Jodi Arias trial, Dirty Little Secret is worth a watch. She was found guilty of murder, but the jury hung during the sentencing phase. I think they are going to try again in mid July.

My take...he was a jerk, but she was a needy psycho.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Speaking of jerks, I just watched "My Best Friend's Girlfriend", where comedian Dane Cook plays the ultimate jerk!

It was heavily bleeped (unfortunately), and I'm embarrassed to say that I thought it was hilarious!

Lee

Johnny West

How about The Game of Thrones? We're loving that, even with my favorite characters get sliced and diced.

I'm hooked on all the Brit murder mystery TV programs, as well. I even got a Wallander ring tone for my iPhone.

Last edited:

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
Speaking of jerks, I just watched "My Best Friend's Girlfriend", where comedian Dane Cook plays the ultimate jerk!

It was heavily bleeped (unfortunately), and I'm embarrassed to say that I thought it was hilarious!

Lee

i luv dane cook's comedy. especially his 'the nothing fight' skit.

Last edited: