Bacon!! Who doesn't love bacon!?!

Deelady

Breaded Bacon​
A wonderful sweet and spicy meat to serve with any breakfast menu. The bacon can also be breaded the night before and will absorb the breading flavor.
Ingredients:

1/2 cup flour
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 pound thick-sliced bacon
Mix dry ingredients and coat bacon with mixture. Fry bacon to desired crispness

Deelady

Caramelized Bacon​
Ingredients:

12 slices (12 ounces) thick sliced bacon
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
2 Tablespoons water
1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line cookie sheet pan with foil. Spray wire rack with Pam place in pan. Cut bacon in half arrange in single layer on rack. Combine sugar, water and red pepper. Brush over bacon. Bake bacon 20 to 25 minutes, or until browned. (May be prepared ahead for up to three days.):pig::pig:

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
I LOVE bacon and pretty much eat it with anything, in anything. The caramelized bacon really sounds yummy. Last night's dinner had bacon in it!!!! Oh yea!!!! I guess I could post my recipe since it is my own eh?

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Sorry I missed this thread originally Deelady. Interesting. I've never had anything like the recipes you posted but am anxious to try them. I love BACON!!!!! :D

Heck yeah Sattie, please post your recipe too. :thumb:

My wife has a recipe for brocolli salad that includes bacon. I'll post that here as soon as I lay my hands on it. :D

Deadly Sushi

Formerly The Giant Mojito
Two weeks ago I made something very very similar to your carmelized bacon but I fried it instead. Next time I'll bake it!! :biggrin:

RNE228

Getcha some some big ole prawns. Now, we did this originally in Mazatlan Mexico, so you may need to go to a Latino market. Getcha some smoked Marlin. And, some nice thick cut bacon.

Clean, shell, devien, and butterfly the prawns. Take some smoked Marlin, and shred/pull it apart.

Now, take some of that shredded Marlin, and sprinkle liberally on those butterflied prawns. Close the prawns up, and wrap with the bacon. Put a skewer through them.

Toss them things in the broiler. Cook till done, but be careful not to overcook.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Oh yeah .... Here is the one I promised:

Broccoli - cut into bite size
6-7 green onions - sliced thin
1 lb. bacon cooked and crumbled on top

1 c. miracle whip
3 T. sugar
3 T. vinegar

Mix all together and let sit for at least 1 hour.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Now, that's an interesting salad, Doc!

I'm pretty sure that I made something similar from a Frugal Gourmet book, but he (and I) used thawed frozen peas. I loved it!

Thanks for the reminder!

Lee

TexasGirl

The Invisible
Super Site Supporter
Dee what in the world is wrong with you woman?? Puttin stuff like that on here!!
funnypig_188jlzhr.gif

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Max.....Max does not like bacon.

On the other hand, I love a bacon, spinach, tomato and over-easy egg sandwich!

AllenOK

Where I work, we make what we call "honey pepper bacon", although there isn't any actual honey in it. We mix brown sugar with cracked black pepper, lay bacon strips out of a sheet pan, sprinkle the sugar/pepper mix over, and bake for about 15 - 17 minutes. MMMMMMMMMMMM

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
we call that Pig Candy in the Q world... throw in smoker and yummy..lol

Caramelized Bacon​

Ingredients:
12 slices (12 ounces) thick sliced bacon
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
2 Tablespoons water
1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line cookie sheet pan with foil. Spray wire rack with Pam place in pan. Cut bacon in half arrange in single layer on rack. Combine sugar, water and red pepper. Brush over bacon. Bake bacon 20 to 25 minutes, or until browned. (May be prepared ahead for up to three days.):pig::pig:

Lefty

Yank
If I die someone please start cooking some bacon I will not go out with a chance of having some bacon!!! I love bacon.