Vinaigrette

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
What makes a salad dressing Vinaigrette

I want to make a salad with frozen pees, frozen corn, black beans, Garbonzos maybe a little purple onion and some ham chunks. Possibly some cheese chunks, not sure.

I want to dress it with that clearish a bit oiley with a vinegary bent dressing and I cannot figure out what it is>

Any ideas?

SilverSage

Resident Crone
Andy, it's real quick and simple.

Finely mince a little bit of aromatics. ( Typical is shallots, but a touch of garlic or mild onion will work.)

Put it in a bowl with: 1 tsp of dijon mustard, salt & Pepper, and 2 tlbs vinegar of your choice.
Whisk it well while you drizzle in about 6 tlbs olive oil. That's it.

That will give you about 1/2 cup of vinaigrette.

You can vary the flavor by changing the vinegar or you can add a few herbs if you like.
3 oil to 1 vinegar is a rule of thumb. You may want more or less 'bite', so you can change the ratio.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
it's an emulsion that seperates quickly, so combine your preferential oil/seasonings, (avacado-based oil sounds great for this one), drizzle oil in slowly, whilst whisking. pour into a ball jar, shaking the jar as u see fit so as to let the flavors merge fer a few. strain if u prefer, & adjust seasoning, etcetera w/ citrus or vinegar if you'd like to