Creamy Cucumber Salad

2 large cucumbers
2 tablespoons cider vinegar
1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 cup sour cream
2 tablespoon minced (fresh) parsley

Peel cucumbers and cut into very thin slices.
Mix together vinegar, sugar, salt, and pepper and pour over cucumbers. Marinate about 20 minutes. Drain off liquid, toss
cucumbers with sour cream.
Top with fresh parsley and serve.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I do mine very similar just a different vinegar, no sugar and a 50/50 mix of Miracle Whip/Sour Cream. I love cucumbers made like this myself.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
which vinegar do you employ ??

(.but I ain't a fan of Miracle whip, nossir !)

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I sometimes use balsamic, red wine, white wine or Sherry vinegars. I kind of change it up from time to time just to add a different twist. I don't always use Miracle Whip especially when I use the Sherry or Balsamic vinegars. I also have been known to add shallots or thin slices of red onions as well. I use the Miracle Whip when I don't want sugar which really depends on the vinegar as Sherry and Balsamic are pretty sweet.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
3717677533_3f3ae1033e.jpg

I made this recipe last week but forgot to post my pic. The taste of this is great. I love the sour cream and cucumber combo. My only suggestion would be to start with 1/2 the amount of sour cream and add according to the amount of cucumbers that you have. My cuc's were kind of on the small side :)whistling: I see now where the recipe says "large cucumbers"), so I ended with more sauce than I needed. Anyway, very good :thumb::thumb:.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Exact recipe that my Polish relatives make, except we mix fresh dill with it instead of parsley.

I strongly recommend trying it with dill!

Oh man, the old saliva is flowing right now!

Lee

phreak

I love to make boiled potatoes, put em on yer plate and mash them up a bit, then cover with cucumber salad, now that's some good stuff eh!

homecook

I add thinly sliced onions to mine. I've never added vinegar or sugar. I'm going to have to try it and see as I just picked four cukes from the garden.......sounds interesting.

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
I add thinly sliced onions to mine. I've never added vinegar or sugar. I'm going to have to try it and see as I just picked four cukes from the garden.......sounds interesting.

Yep. Some thin onion slices are added by me as well. Do try the vinegar and sugar. Those have always been in DW's recipe and I wouldn't have it any other way.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
i don't eat fresh cukes. i only time i did was when i was preggie with my second girl. my cukes have to be NYC deli style sour pickles! :biggrin:

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
I love cucumbers! (There's a surprise, right?) I just got a mandolin and I've been making cucumber salads daily since then. My fave is very thinly sliced cucumbers covered in rice wine vinegar and seasoned with cracked pepper.

homecook

Ok, I made this recipe yesterday....added the vinegar and sugar. Wow I really loved the taste. I did add onions to mine cuz I like em. lol Thanks LT, I'll be making it like this from now on..,

Attachments

• 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 304

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Exact recipe that my Polish relatives make, except we mix fresh dill with it instead of parsley.

I strongly recommend trying it with dill!

Oh man, the old saliva is flowing right now!

Lee

Another winning variation !
Tried it with Dill yesterday; may never go back !!:clap:

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Creamy Cucumber Salad

2 large cucumbers
2 tablespoons cider vinegar
1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 cup sour cream
2 tablespoon minced (fresh) parsley

Peel cucumbers and cut into very thin slices.
Mix together vinegar, sugar, salt, and pepper and pour over cucumbers. Marinate about 20 minutes. Drain off liquid, toss
cucumbers with sour cream.
Top with fresh parsley and serve.

CreamyCukeSalad.jpg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
mmmmMMMMM

That summery-looking photo warms my dead-of-winter heart, Lucky!

Lee

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Made this last week with my garden dill. Boy, it brings back childhood memories!

So delicious!

Lee
Cucumbers and sour cream.JPG

Last edited: