Marzano's in Parkland, WA

Johnny West

Last night we had dinner with friends at Marzano's. I had local mussels and fresh smoked bacon in a cream that was just excellent and for a main had their Arctic char special. It was excellent as well. I don't usually order a special but love char.

Attachments

• #Arctic Char.jpg
    #Arctic Char.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 6

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
That's a beautiful dish John.
If we ever make it to Sweetwater Chophouse again, I'm going to photo the phood. :)
It's that place I told you about a while back that's on the grounds of the country club/golf course.

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
have you seen any steelhead locally?

steelhead is simply not to be had anywhere around here anymore.
we used to get some from native fishermen but I think they've closed that loophole.

Johnny West

I see it occasionally but do not think it is wild caught.

My friend in Oregon has been slaying them this year. I think they have caught at least 10 keepers. Oregon has a wonderful steelhead hatchery program . All native steelhead are released and only hatchery fish may be kept. Guides aren't cheap but he is getting up there in years and fishes like every trip may be his last.

I love to eat trout.... tonight I was going to grill steaks but may do some salmon. I have a few pieces in the freezer that need to go.

Johnny West

Tonight we took Peter to Marzano’s for dinner He’d never been there before. I had the chicken and Nancy had the halibut. Peter had a vegetarian past dish that he said was excellent. It took forever to get our entrrees and our waiter, Johnny, came and apologized as my chicken took so much more time and it was worth it. I ate the dark parts and brought the breast home. We will make a chicken salad wit pasta with it. The white portion was grits.The tiramisu was one of the best I’ve had.

A8DB1DAF-A14E-4163-A7AA-E3086275242C.jpeg77240CD7-0784-44BC-958D-35B923D6712B.jpegBE4EF7F0-180F-4FA4-907C-B98F0107F288.jpeg64EB9950-91D7-46B9-8A2F-BA7542ECDE3F.jpegA5F426C7-FEB1-41CB-9799-B0EB0B56F0F8.jpeg