Illinois firm recalls pork products produced without benefit of inspection

waybomb

Kalle USA, a Chicago, Ill., establishment, is recalling approximately 168,473 pounds of pork products that were not presented at the U.S. point of entry for inspection, the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) announced today. Without the benefit of full inspection, a possibility of adverse health consequences exists.

The following items, produced between Oct. 18, 2013, and Nov. 19, 2014, are subject to recall:

• 2,976 - 44.10 lb. bags of “SCAN PORK DP-941 NATURAL DEHYDRATED PORK STOCK/NATIONAL DEHYDRATED PORK BROTH” and bearing packaging codes “JJ820738638, JJ820860580, JJ82082258, JJ820889803 or JJ820645387” on the labels.
  • 1 - 44.10 lb. bag of “SCAN PORK DP-1075 NATURAL DEHYDRATED PORK STOCK HOT SETTING” and bearing packing code “JJ820822580” on the label.
  • 800 – 44.10 lb. bags of “SCAN PORK FI-805 FRESH INJECTION PORK PROTEIN” and bearing packaging codes “JJ820670757 or JJ820665997” on the labels.
The products subject to recall were included in six different shipments bearing establishment number “Denmark Est. 215” inside the mark of inspection. These products were distributed in the following states: Arkansas, California, Florida, Illinois, Iowa, Kentucky, Minnesota, Missouri, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Virginia, Washington and Wisconsin.

The problem was discovered using the Public Health Information System (PHIS) during a routine review of import shipment data. It was found that the product failed to present at a Chicago, Ill. point of entry for FSIS re-inspection.

FSIS and the company have received no reports of adverse reactions due to consumption of these products.

Shermie

Site Supporter
SPAM ALERT!

I think that these many recall threads might be sounding like a parade of spamming threads.

Just saying. :sorry:

waybomb

If y'all want me to stop posting these, I will.

I've just been through a business transition and have not had the time to post recalls for a while.

These actually all hit my email today from FSIS.

Just let me know and I will stop. I didn't think it was spam; I thought I might help some of the foodies here.

Jim_S

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Site Supporter
If y'all want me to stop posting these, I will.

I've just been through a business transition and have not had the time to post recalls for a while.

These actually all hit my email today from FSIS.

Just let me know and I will stop. I didn't think it was spam; I thought I might help some of the foodies here.

Thanks for posting these, not spam at all but useful information.

Jim