The Falls - Tinton Falls, NJ

High Cheese

Saucier
http://www.thefallsrestaurant.com/

I took my wife there for Valentines dinner. We don't plan on returning. Here's the emiail I sent to the address on their site:

"My wife and I were very dissapointed in the quality of the food we were served for Valentine's Day dinner.
The 2nd Course she had the Wellington which was way overcooked, almost like it was cooked previously then reheated. I ordered the oysters and found that two of them were bad.
For the 3rd Corse my wife ordered the swordfish steak. The fish was overcooked to the point that it was dry and the spicy sauce pooled underneath did not compliment the fish at all. The corn filling in the stuffed poblano was gummy.
I ordered the rack of lamb medium rare. When my plate arrived it had three different sized pieces of lamb, one piece with 2 bones, and two different sized pieces with one bone. All three were cooked to different temperatures. The quality of lamb was horrible. The larger piece was overcooked on the outside and raw on the inside. I still found that piece tough to cut and eat.
The worst item on my dish was the risotto. The risotto was completely inedible resembling the texture of wallpaper paste. The steamed vegetables were not seasoned at all.
The service was decent for the most part. The hostess's may need to dress more appropriately if you want the atmosphere to be equivelent to the design of your menu.
The lobster bisque was nice and the mousse servred with the chocholate dessert was very good."

A horrible dinner to the tune of $175 + tip. I don't know who is preparing these meals but they are not quality at all. I can see the ideas they are putting together, but the actual prep is horrible....novice-like.
thumbsdown.gif
thumbsdown.gif

High Cheese

Saucier
The view was "eh".

I read that the two chefs that own the place were from another restaurant that we actually liked. We were even talking about going back to the Raven soon.

I think this is a case of: The Chefs created a great menu but the cooking staff doesn't know their ass from a hole in the ground. Obviously the menu is too difficult for them to handle.

It's too bad, I had such high hopes. There are plenty of "high quality" restaurants in my area. The problem is, they all suck!

We agreed to try the Raven once more and one or two other places. If we don't like any of them, we're both giving up on eating out. It's just not worth it. This last dinner was $200 and Christmas eve was $400. The only thing we actually liked from both dinners was and appetizer she had. We would rather spend the money on new and great ingredients and cook at home.

Last edited:

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
And you won't have to worry about food poisoning (for the most part). Sorry about the rotten meal, Jeeks but at least you were out with dear wife. The company was excellent.

High Cheese

Saucier
Yes, it was nice to be out. Since we hardly ever eat out we like to splurge on high end places when we do. At least we had fun commenting on the food. We both would have been happier going to our favorite sports bar/burger joint. At least we know we're getting a good meal there.

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Man that sucks, hate it when that happens. Maybe they will do something for you because of the email... but then you probably wouldn't want to go back!

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Awwww, what a shame, Jay! Especially on Valentine's Day!

Maybe BT or VB can recommend a great restaurant kinda near you?

Lee