Big Daddy's House's Honey Buffalo Wings.

Shermie

Site Supporter
Ingredients;

1lb chicken wings.

1/2 teaspoon white or rice vinagar.

1 cup Sylvia's Hot N' Sassy Original Sauce.

Few dashes red pepper sauce.

Few dashes Chipotle Tabasco Sauce.

1/4 tsp salt.

1/4 teaspoon Sylvia's Seasoning.

1/8 tsp ground black pepper.

1/8 tsp garlic powder.

1/4 cup honey.

Directions;

Clean any feathers from wings. Wash, then remove tips from wings. These serve no purpose, as they are just skin, fat and bones. Freeze them and save them to make some soup stock or broth if desired.

Separate wings at joints to make smaller pieces.. Place in large bowl or container that has tight fitting lid. Or in a large gallon-size ziptop bag. Add remaining ingredients to wings and toss lightly. Let marinate in fridge for a few hours or overnight, if possible.

Spray a large baking dish or large cast iron skillet with a cooking spray. Add wings all in one layer, along with marinade.

Do NOT discard marinade! It helps make a nifty luscious killer sweet & sour sauce that thickens as the chicken wings bake.

Place uncovered wings in preheated 350-degree oven and bake until sauce becomes thick and bubbly, about 70 minutes or so Pierce a few pieces of meat to see if juices run clear.

Enjoy!

Attachments

• Big Daddy's House's Honey Buffalo Wings.jpg
    Big Daddy's House's Honey Buffalo Wings.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Those wings look and sound terrific, Sherman!

Were they really spicy???

Lee

Shermie

Site Supporter
Not really.

Just a hint or so of heat, they are.

Actually, that was discovered quite by accident, because I was looking for a new way to cook them.

I was just toying around with it, and thought to myself; "Wow!! this could be the start of something new and exciting!!".

I've become so sick of the way Buffalo Wings are done in most of the restaurants! They put all that stinking overly tangy nose-burning asinine hot sauce all over the chicken wings and every time it's ordered, and I don't even like it, it just plain STINKS!! Literally!!

Very few places serve Buffalo wings with the sauce cooked on the wings. That is how I like it.

My recipe is mainly for those who like a new twist in Buffalo wings. The slight heat is there, but not to much, with the moderate smoky flavor and taste from the Chipote Tabasco in the background.

The taste of the wings is not drowned out by all that stinking hot pepper sauce! Since I made them, several people have caught on to them. I've made them at least 7 or 8 times already. Everyone and their kids like them!

The kids devour them! One boy I know got his first taste of them, and he was in hog heaven. He let out a yell of joy like a kid in a candy store!!