FREE Guacamole

The one from my "past" was in Smithtown, LI, NY, where it had taken over an old "Steak & Brew" place when the Tex-Mex craze first started. So many other Tex-Mex chains - "Chi-Chi's" in particular - jumped onto the bandwagon, that the somewhat pricier El Torito couldn't keep up, & it closed fairly soon.

I do distinctly remember the over-frozen (& sadly lacking in tequila) Margaritas - lol!! Also the "sour topping" for the enchiladas. They couldn't legally call it "sour cream", so "sour topping" was the best they could come up with - lol!!

buckytom

Grill Master
lol, that's terrible.

the e.t. where we met was in paramus, nj. i think it "burned down", in true jersey fashion. several restaurants have come and gone there. i'm not sure what it is now.

i'd like to go to one for old times sakes.

If you click on the link, you'll notice they are practically on every corner (like Starbucks) in So California. (I'm stretching it a bit.) We used to go to the one near work (the Studio in Burbank) for lunch, dinner or Happy Hour, once in awhile. Lots of Studio employees frequented the place. (I always knew where my alledged cheating Mexican/American ex bf was hanging out Pffft.) The food was pretty good. There's a large Mexican population in So Cal., & plenty of competitive restaurants. And, another huge Mexican restaurant not far away near NBC (back then). Restaurants here must display a rating - A being the best. Doubt they would stay in biz, if the food was bad/stale. There's one close to home. I would give them another try. So... kiss my Haas. LOL.

Last edited: