Bacon Swiss Appetizers

homecook

1 cup Swiss Cheese
8 slices bacon, cooked, crumbled
1/3 cup mayo
1 T. grated onion
1/2 tsp. celery salt
6-8 slices bread

Combine all ingredients and spread on bread. Cut bread into 4 pieces. Bake in 350 degree oven for 15 minutes.

Attachments

• 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 239
  • 018.jpg
    018.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 241
  • 019.jpg
    019.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 230
  • 020.jpg
    020.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 244
  • 022.jpg
    022.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 267

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Oh man, Barb!!! My family has made this since I was a child!

We call them "Cheese and Shit", and we use whatever grated cheese we have around. We use dry mustard instead of celery salt, and we don't cook the bacon ahead of time.

We use cocktail rye slices, cut in half, and broil one side. Then spread the Cheese 'n Shit on the unbroiled side and broil the tops until the cheese is a little brown. That cooks the bacon, too.

These are my family's all-time favorite appetizer!

Barb, are you the sister I never had?????

Lee

homecook

Oh man, Barb!!! My family has made this since I was a child!

We call them "Cheese and Shit", and we use whatever grated cheese we have around. We use dry mustard instead of celery salt, and we don't cook the bacon ahead of time.

We use cocktail rye slices, cut in half, and broil one side. Then spread the Cheese 'n Shit on the unbroiled side and broil the tops until the cheese is a little brown. That cooks the bacon, too.

These are my family's all-time favorite appetizer!

Barb, are you the sister I never had?????

Lee

Lee, yours' sound awesome!!

If I am, you're the sister I never had!!!! :beer:

chowhound

I never would have guessed how these are made. Fantastic. I was thinking simply cheese and bacon. The spread sounds great.
Are these baked on your silicon mat?

homecook

Na zdrowie!! :alc:

Lee

dziekuje

I never would have guessed how these are made. Fantastic. I was thinking simply cheese and bacon. The spread sounds great.
Are these baked on your silicon mat?

These are pretty easy Fred. lol
Yes, I did use the silicone mat. You could just spray a baking sheet or use parchment paper. Depending on how much filling you spread on determines how much will run off when melted.