Giant-Screen TV!! Who has One?!!

Shermie

Site Supporter
Bought a giant 55-inch flat screen TV as an early Christmas gift to myself! :piesmiley1:

Shermie

Site Supporter
And here it is!!:wink:

Attachments

• LG Smart TV..jpg
    LG Smart TV..jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 986
  • Giant flat screen TV..jpg
    Giant flat screen TV..jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 973

Shermie

Site Supporter
Here's my older 1st flat screen TV. Not a smart TV though. :wink:

Attachments

• Sony flat screen..jpg
    Sony flat screen..jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 979

Shermie

Site Supporter
Thanks!

I'll be getting cable for it soon! it already feels like I'm watching a giant theater screen!! :piesmiley1:

Shermie

Site Supporter
I want to add this to the new TV to enhance the sound & turn it into a true stereo surround sound system!!!! :popcorn:

Attachments

• Polk Mini Surround Sound System..jpg 2.jpg
    Polk Mini Surround Sound System..jpg 2.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 982

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I had a surround sound unit for our 55" TV. Didn't like having to mess with multiple remotes to watch TV. TV speakers are not bad. I can't blast the sound but for regular TV they are ok.

My biggest pet peeve is those darn commercials that bump up the volume when they come one. Volume was where I wanted it then some commercial has to blast my space with their sound. Arrrggg. So now I enjoy DVRing a lot of the TV we watch and fast forward through commercials.... all using the built in speakers.

Shermie

Site Supporter
I had a surround sound system, also. The problem was the small speakers. you had to hang them all up on the walls.

Even though I love the new TV, yeah, those commercials are too bloody loud!!!

Shermie

Site Supporter
I had a surround sound unit for our 55" TV. Didn't like having to mess with multiple remotes to watch TV. TV speakers are not bad. I can't blast the sound but for regular TV they are ok.

My biggest pet peeve is those darn commercials that bump up the volume when they come one. Volume was where I wanted it then some commercial has to blast my space with their sound. Arrrggg. So now I enjoy DVRing a lot of the TV we watch and fast forward through commercials.... all using the built in speakers.

The one whose pic that I posted above should be much easier to install! the sound bar contains all of the small speakers.
The powered subwoofer is a Bluetooth design, meaning that the only wire is the power cord. No wires are needed for the speaker itself. :piesmiley1:

Shermie

Site Supporter
I bought the surround sound system (pictured above), hooked it up and now it sounds like a million bucks with the sound bar & deep powerful floor-shaking bass coming from the subwoofer!!

Nice!! A friend of mine is thinking about getting one for HIS TV!!:WitchBrewsSmiley:

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
What is the make and model of the surround sound? I can't tell from the pic. Link to where to buy would be appreciated.

Shermie

Site Supporter
Polk Audio Magna Mini Surround Sound System. Didn't see a model number (the word Polk appears on the remote).

There IS a slightly larger model called the Max that has a longer sound bar, to extra mini speakers & an 8-unch subwoofer.
These systems are much better than having to hang the speakers on the wall. That is so aggravating then you must connect wires to the speakers. How aggravating that is!!!! :WitchBrewsSmiley:

Last edited:

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks Shermie. All my experience with Polk speakers has been fantastic. I'm a big fan of Polk.
I'm sure it does truly enhance the sound, and no wires!!!!! That is a huge WIN. Congrats!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Shermie

Site Supporter

Doc, I hear you on that one. Congress was supposed to end loud commercials, but I think all that was just pillow talk. You know, a pipe dream!! Commercials on TV are still LOUD!! :eek:

LastManStanding

Doc, I hear you on that one. Congress was supposed to end loud commercials, but I think all that was just pillow talk. You know, a pipe dream!! Commercials on TV are still LOUD!! :eek:
I thought this was just a thing in my country only. Commercials are extremely loud. But the private TV channels too are extremely loud. In my country anyone is free to torture others with any kind of loud noise. Laws are there but only in the book.

Shermie

Site Supporter
I bought this Polk system for the TV in the living room, but haven't set it up yet. Had it for about 2 years. It's still in the box!!!! Just haven't gotten around to it yet!!! :eek:
View attachment 64591

Actually, it was supposed to be for a new (smart) TV, but the present one is still working!! Had it for about 13 years now, & it hasn't stopped working, so I might as well hook it up to THIS one. :whistling:

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Actually, it was supposed to be for a new (smart) TV, but the present one is still working!! Had it for about 13 years now, & it hasn't stopped working, so I might as well hook it up to THIS one. :whistling:
Sounds like a plan. Why wouldn't ya? :D