How many of you would send a meal back to the kitchen?

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
they must not work very high-end restaurants. i'm not clicking- i already have heard plenty via fellow employees/students.

Shermie

Site Supporter
When you hear repulsive & reckless tragedies like this happening at well-known eateries, it is best to stay away and don't even think about going there to eat!! :ohmy: :piesmiley1: :eating2:

Shermie

Site Supporter
Burger King brought back a sammie that they had out in the '70s, called the Yumbo.

They advertise it as being hot with the cheese melting in it. When I got it and sat down to eat it, it was cold as ice!! I got 2 of them at that!! It didn't strike me as a hit sensation, but I wanted to try it. Was nothing to jump up and scream about!! Won't get it any more! That's sad!! So sad!! :sad:

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Okay, coming in again a full year and change later...

There's a big difference between sending something back because it was prepared incorrectly and sending something back simply because you don't like it or didn't know what was in it.
I can't sell that order of pasta with anchovies (that was clearly listed on the menu as a main ingredient) to another person like it was a dress you tried on but didn't like. If you order it, and I do it right, it's yours. If I do it wrong, I'll replace it with my apology.
As for having a child complain to a manager or a server, I wouldn't deal with a child. It's one thing for a kid to tell you how much they love their pancakes, but another thing for a kid to complain to a staff member. These are adults trying to do a job. It's not the place of a child to make corrections. An adult in the party should speak for a child if a mistake has been made.