Bacon Wrapped Tator Tots

homecook

Ingredients:

Bacon, cut in half
Tator Tots
Pickled Jalapenos

Preparation:

Slightly defrost tator tots. Hold a slice (or two) of pickled jalapeno against it and wrap a half slice of bacon around it. Hold together with toothpick. Put on baking sheet and bake at 425F for 10-15 minutes, until bacon is crispy and tator tot is cooked through. These were great!! These can probably be done on the grill too....

Attachments

• 027.jpg
    027.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 399

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hmmmmm, another way to use these fresh babies.

I have triple the amount of them now, on each of 3 plants!

Lee

Attachments

• Jalapenos!.JPG
    Jalapenos!.JPG
    158.1 KB · Views: 370

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Hey! How about if one snuck some shredded cheddar in there when they wrapped the bacon?

homecook

Lee, my peppers are doing the same....,.,along with the cayenne and habaneros.

To be honest Andy, I think the cheese would just melt out since the bacon is just wrapped around the center. Now if you used a whole slice of bacon and wrapped it length wise and width wise you may be able to do it. lol Give it a try.

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
I can't stand it! I live in a world without tater tots! How unfair is that? These poor Mexicans...no tater tots.

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Yes, but what would hold them together? Cornstarch, maybe? Eggs? I think I actually saw a recipe for home made tater tots not long ago...I'll google it.

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Peeps, thanks so much. I really enjoyed watching the video, and it sounds like an afternoon past-time...make a bunch and put 'em in the freezer!

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Peeps, thanks so much. I really enjoyed watching the video, and it sounds like an afternoon past-time...make a bunch and put 'em in the freezer!
Welcome Karen. I like the onion f lavored tots. I guess I could add some onion powder.

lilylove

I can't stand it! I live in a world without tater tots! How unfair is that? These poor Mexicans...no tater tots.

Things are changing quickly tough... frozen pizza, sushi makings, hot dogs, American junk food from candy to ice cream are all appearing in our stores.. Even prewrapped, presliced orange cheese! :-(

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Trish, you are so right. When we first moved here, there were no supermarkets at all - now we have a Walmart about 3 kilometers from where we live. They have an aisle of "Importado de los Estados Unidos". A few days ago, I saw a jar of Miracle Whip for 170 pesos (about $15 USD)! And Campbell's Tomato Soup for 45 pesos...you can go to the regular soup aisle and buy Campbells "sopa de tomate" for about 12 pesos. I'm sure it's just a matter of time until tater tots show up.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
those look so many things correct.
- there's bacon & it's crispy. that in & of itself is delicious.
- there's the quintessential elemantrary lunch tray comfort food, tator tots
-& pickled pepper 4 a 'lil spice.
1 to file away in the recipes in my mind.

they were showcasing these on some travel show recently, & yours & thiers both seemed like something i'd dine on! thx!

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
If you decide to make your own tater tots Karen, maybe you could do a tutorial...that would be really cool.

Mr. Green Jeans

Barb, that recipe puts new meaning to this dialog:

Bully: "Napoleon give me some of your tots." Napoleon: "No go find your own." Bully: "Come on, give me some of your tots." Napoleon: "No, I'm freakin starved, I didn't get to eat anything today."

homecook

Barb, that recipe puts new meaning to this dialog:

Bully: "Napoleon give me some of your tots." Napoleon: "No go find your own." Bully: "Come on, give me some of your tots." Napoleon: "No, I'm freakin starved, I didn't get to eat anything today."

:yum:Good one Mike! Thanks.