Tropea Ristorante Italiano Redmond Wa.

lilylove

ristorantetropea.com

WONDERFUL! Delightful! Will go there over and over! Perfect place to take out of town guests!

It's a very small place. Decorated with family photos and wine racks. Nothing fancy. Dishes and silveware don't match. It's owned and run by an Italian couple and their family. It was close to full last night when Paul and I were there but still it was quiet which is very very important to us.
The waitstaff (all men) had wonderful Italian accents, very nice, very quick, very helpful!

We started out with a sauted squid dish served with a tomato basil and garlic sauce. Oh MY! This my friends was not a canned sauce! You could tell that the chef started with fresh tomatoes and the flavors ... oh how I wish I could make you taste them... so good so delicate so perfect!

Paul and I both had pasta and main meals... his was stuffed pasta tortallini stuffed with meat with white sauce...tender and spiced just right

Mine.. sundried tomatoes (lots of tomatoes)artichokes, ham, onion with a white sauce. PERFECTION. Every bite. Just the right amount of sauce..not too much..but not to little.

And then there was the bread and dipping sauce!!!! We could have made a meal out of that just by itself. Soft bread with a crust that wasn't really hard but tough enough that you knew you were biting into something good! Olive oil mixed with fresh diced garlic, parsley, red pepper and a few other flavors that we're not sure of but plan on figuring out on future trips!

It was by far the best meal we've had in the Seattle area in years!:heart::heart: