New Years Eve/Day Menu

Embryodad

My NYE foods were 2-bite crabcake appys, hot wings, salsa con queso with chips, and a tray of cheeses, pepperoni and crackers. Beverages were beer, wine and the preferred drink of the hubs and myself - a highball cocktail.

We will have pork and sauerkraut with mashed potatoes for supper tonight for good luck.

WoW!.... Neat Stuff to eat ! Umm Umm Umm!
And drink...

Assorted sushi platter
Crab & shrimp platter w/ dipping sauce
Chips n dips - limon, potato, triscuits. Guacamole, spinach artichoke, onion dip

Deli platter:
ham & turkey, assorted cheeses
Marble rye (from the bakery)
pumpernickle cocktail bread
Agnoletti pasta salad w/ peas, mozzarella cubes & vinaigrette dressing

Champagne
strawberries
smoked oysters
caviar
marble pound cake
Popcorn - didn't get to it

We had champagne on the sundeck at midnight, & watched the fireworks.

More grazing, & naps today.

Tri-tip for dinner.

Happy New Year.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Sounds good!!!!! :thumb: :tiphat:

We are grazing and napping here today too. :D

Happy New Year Everyone!

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
We didn't do much except watch football so we had simple meatloaf and spinach for dinner. It's worth it for the meatloaf sandwiches coming up.

Go Packers!!!!!

Guts

Nancy, M.D. can't decide whether I want the crabcakes are the cocktail it all looks delicious. Great job.

I said I was going off my diet January 1 and was going to make more sweets, cookies, cakes sticky buns. Oh yes sticky buns as I said I was going to do. I made them today. I used pecans. But this time I added some nut topping that is used for baking and what I use it for hot fudge sundae topping O Yum. I liked the way they turned out, and also my try them on the filling of the cinnamon roll, next time. There's a picture of the package of the nuts here just before the oven picture and one done picture.

Thank you Joe V for this recipe, it is a keeper!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 129
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 119
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 128

Embryodad

This was the New Years Day Meal...

Tinamommy made it...for just the two of us.
Roasted pork loin with carrots and onions..then garnished with the sliced red cinnamon apple slices.

It was a superior little roast, and tasty and tender as could be.

3314f68a.jpg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
MMMmmmmm! Everything looks and sounds great!

My friends and I watched the Patriots game, had cheeses, crackers, olives and escargot, swimming in garlic/herb butter with French bread.

Lindt chocolates for dessert.

Pats won, lots of laughs, rich and filling food!

Lee

Attachments

• Escargot.JPG
    Escargot.JPG
    105.9 KB · Views: 126

Nancy-MD

Oh those cinnamon rolls look TDF! I want one!

Jimmy, good looking pork loin and veggies.

My NY day menu is always pork and sauerkraut. I put brown sugar and garlic in my sauerkraut, and use salt, pepper and granulated garlic on the chops. I sometimes make it with a pork loin, too, but prefer the chops cause the bone flavors the sauerkraut. I thicken the sauerkraut with a medium dark roux. I serve it as a gravy over the meat and mashed potatoes. I also had creamed corn and green beans.

Attachments

• 1.1.12 pork and sauerkraut.jpg
    1.1.12 pork and sauerkraut.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 129

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i broiled pork cooked to a med. to med.-well, boiled a few 'lil redd potatoes then halved & placed in seasoned kraut (sage, garlic, onion, pepper) to absorb the juices. an apple later on if i'm hungry.

Attachments

• IMG_2656725.jpg
    IMG_2656725.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 128

Embryodad

Oh those cinnamon rolls look TDF! I want one!

Jimmy, good looking pork loin and veggies.

My NY day menu is always pork and sauerkraut. I put brown sugar and garlic in my sauerkraut, and use salt, pepper and granulated garlic on the chops. I sometimes make it with a pork loin, too, but prefer the chops cause the bone flavors the sauerkraut. I thicken the sauerkraut with a medium dark roux. I serve it as a gravy over the meat and mashed potatoes. I also had creamed corn and green beans.
Thanks Nancy!.. Your pork with the gravy looks great. "T" didn't make a gravy this time. She was tired and listless today. She was freezing. Pellet stove on in L.R. and 77º inside, but she couldn't get warm.

Embryodad

i broiled pork cooked to a med. to med.-well, boiled a few 'lil redd potatoes then halved & placed in seasoned kraut (sage, garlic, onion, pepper) to absorb the juices. an apple later on if i'm hungry.
Looks good / sounds good luvs.

I love those baby red potatoes. havn't seen them much this year.
Actually the only ones we had (Tons of) were the ones DD planted on the farm where she lives. They are awesome. They are perfect for stews. Sometimes I just cut them in half.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
not a very complex meal

brats boiled in corona and lots of Zatarains...large onion sauted with garlic then brat sliced and added...noodles boiled in leftover brat juice.... fresh parmesan on top

34i20ja.jpg

Embryodad

Looks great .....

Now that's the kind of Macaroni's I want with my suasage and peppers tomorrow! Ummmm!!

Rotelli.... we used to call them "Springs" when we were kids!

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
the 'iggle in shadyside has 'em often, jimmy, blended. i pick thru 'em. they used to be so cheap, elsewhere, in bulk. now they're a decent price for at most grade 'b' potatoes, if not a lesser grade.. they're 'lil- see pic-....... others, they're in bags & bulk @ the one 'igle,

bam, they look good & u got brats into the meal. nancy, sounds yummy, too. i lean toward sage, garlic, pepper, & that for meat. i like ur recipe- swt./savory is my fave~

& i just saw gut's pix. i swooned.

Attachments

• 230428_1702365486033_1444851964_31329070_6906868_n.jpg
    230428_1702365486033_1444851964_31329070_6906868_n.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:

Embryodad

the 'iggle in shadyside has 'em often, jimmy, blended. i pick thru 'em. they used to be so cheap, elsewhere, in bulk. now they're a decent price for at most grade 'b' potatoes, if not a lesser grade.. they're 'lil- see pic-....... others, they're in bags & bulk @ the one 'igle,

bam, they look good & u got brats into the meal. nancy, sounds yummy, too. i lean toward sage, garlic, pepper, & that for meat. i like ur recipe- swt./savory is my fave~

& i just saw gut's pix. i swooned.
OMG...they are teenie weenie ones.. How cute. Awe..the poor things were taken from their mommy so soon.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
thier Mommy was dirt, tho, hehe.

have u looked 4 the bagged ones........ they're rampant, many sorts, i would think they'd be there, too. @ least u have dd's.

Last edited:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
That a fresh pork shoulder, Lucky??? Man, now I want one of those!

Lee