70 pounds of apples...

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Other than pies, cakes and applesauce and the odd ingredient here and there (I'm good and finding ways to add unusual ingredients to dishes) anyone ever make an apple pudding or creme brulee? Apple soup???

I've got 70 pounds of apples to use ..:shock:

smoke king

Banned
Oooh, an apple creme brulee sounds really good!!

Apple-brown Betty?

Applejack? (Jail recipe)

Caramel Apples? (Its that time of the year!)

Apple Cider? (I've always wanted to be able to justify the purchase of a cider press)

And when all else fails, theres the old standby-hide behind a tree and throw em' at passing cars!

SilverSage

Resident Crone
I've done apple bread pudding.

• Make your bread pudding and put it in the baking dish.

• Caramelize the sliced apples a bit with raisins, Calvados, and butter. Put over the top of the bread mixture and bake.

• Serve it with a Calvados sauce. Make a standard whiskey or rum sauce, but sub Calvados for the other liquor.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Nice job, everyone...

Silver, before I even read this I made a magnificent apple bread pudding at work yesterday. I'm doing a 'farmer's market theme' this week and did the bread pudding as a way to showcase the apples.

What's applejack?

AllenOK

Pork chops with caramelized apples? I know you mentioned pies, but cobblers and crisps are what I prefer. Caramelized apples with a buttery sauce, ladled over pancakes and waffles? At work, we do a smoked turkey melt sandwich, with cheddar cheese, caramelized apples and red onions, bacon, and sage mayo, MMMMMMM.

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
apple fritters
apple crisp
apple butter

There are savory applications with pork tenderloin that my friend Andy use to make. You would have to google a recipe as I never had it.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
I've thought of just about everything suggested here..but I have to admit, Susan, the fritters slipped my mind. Thanks.

If I have an apple bobbing contest, will all of you come???

AllenOK

I'd come!

Hey, I just thought of another one (or more). Caramel Apples, or Candy apples (different kind of candy from caramel). Boy, my kids would go nuts right there.

Have you thought about doing the peel/core/spiral slice/dehydrate bit? Tuck them away in the pantry for later use?

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
What I really want to make is those giant chocolate covered apples, then dip them into nuts, candies, drizzle with more chocolate...I think some company called Rocky Mountain makes them. I have a feeling I can do it better:brows: