Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Well

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Blackened

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters

Rusty Shackleford

Formerly known as 1 bourbon 1 scotch & 1 beer
curious as to how people on here like their beef cooked, i myself, want the meat blackened! seals in the flavor, without drying the meat out. mmmmmmm. specially on marinated steak.

Last edited:

chowhound

If we are talking a roast, done all the way through. No red. Slow cooked or pressure cooked (braising?) to retain its juiciness and so it falls apart.
If we are talking a burger, just a little pink, but I can eat them well done as well.
If we are talking a steak, as dark on the outside as I can get it and still have it pink on the inside, not red. With a cooked texture and not a barely cooked, smooth texture.
Something like this:

Attachments

• a cut steak no flash.jpg
    a cut steak no flash.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 137

chowhound

oops. I just saw this was a poll. I'm not sure how to answer. The pic above used to be called rare when I was a kid, at least at the restaurants/clubs I ate at. Now I think it's called med/rare or possibly even med.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
It really depends with me on the cut of beef. Steaks I like burnt on the outside and almost raw on the inside. Roasts like a brisket I like slow cooked in the oven or smoker. Other types of roast I like braised, slow cooked etc.

Rusty Shackleford

Formerly known as 1 bourbon 1 scotch & 1 beer
Well it has to have a "crust" to it or I'll moan, too. That's why I don't like prime rib sliced off the roast unless it's an endcut. I find it too lacking of flavor.

INDEED, lol. same with chicken, depending on the flavouring, i like the outside to be crispy, while the inside still tender and juicy

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
Like others here, depends on the cut and application. But for most steaks, I prefer medium rare. Aint nothing worse than an over cooked steak!

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I like my steak a bit bloody burgers too... roast beef if its going to be cold cuts a bit raw as well

Funny Pancho I like my burgers rare too but with all the warning I know buy a chuck roast and grind my one beef. I do the same with ground pork both of which I never buy anymore pre ground.

Last edited:

lilylove

I know it's wrong... but I like my meat really really DEAD! No pink allowed. Not Burnt on outside though.. just not pink. I'm picky I guess.

PanchoHambre

of course not! but thats why i drink lmao

that's my theory... the alcohol kills off the bad stuff

I also maintain that when liquor is not available a can of CocaCola will kill just about anything.... what could survive in that toxic brew?

JoeC.. I just got a meat grinder recently... it is definitely the way to go... I am lazy sometimes though.

I will admit to playing a bit fast and loose with food safety sometimes... I do have an iron stomach.

I have only had food poising once and that came from a university food court.... It was terrible I will admit that.

homecook

Most beef I like well, roasts and such. Steaks I like medium/medium well. Just some pink. My ds will eat it while it's still mooing! lol

Barb

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I actually use an attachment for my Kitchen Aid. I've had the Kitchen Aid for years and though it is only 275 watts it does every thing I need from meat grinding, making sausage to mixing stuff and even pasta rollers.

As for food poisoning once also, fish and chips in London need I say more. I've traveled through 94 countries over a 3 year span from 1980 to 1983 and ate stuff that would make a billy goat puke. I will say though it taught me to taste and if I like it don't ask what is in it.

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Pretty much all meat I like medium rare from steaks to roasts to burgers:

Attachments

• DSCF2358.jpg
    DSCF2358.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 124
  • ForDC2.jpg
    ForDC2.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 119
  • ForDC3.jpg
    ForDC3.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 119

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Thanks Fred! But now I am making myself hungry... may need to buy another roast soon!!
Those juices on the first photo with out the green beans are what I love the most, spoon it back over the cuts after you serve them... yum!

TexasGirl

The Invisible
Super Site Supporter
If we are talking a roast, done all the way through. No red. Slow cooked or pressure cooked (braising?) to retain its juiciness and so it falls apart.
If we are talking a burger, just a little pink, but I can eat them well done as well.
If we are talking a steak, as dark on the outside as I can get it and still have it pink on the inside, not red. With a cooked texture and not a barely cooked, smooth texture.
Something like this:

kindred food spirits:thumb: