Honey Buffalo Wings.

Shermie

Site Supporter
Honey Buffalo Wings.
07-23-2010, 04:10 AM

Ingredients;

1lb chicken wings.

1/2 tsp white or rice vinagar.

1 cup Silvia's Hot & Sassy Original Sauce.

Few dashes red pepper (hot) sauce.

Few dashes Chipotle Tabasco Sauce.

1/4 taspoon seasoned salt.

1/4 teaspoon Silvia's Seasoning.

1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper.

1/8 teaspoon garlic powder.

1/4 cup honey.

Directions;

Clean any feathers from wings. Wash. Remove tips from wings. These serve no purpose. They're just skin, bones and fat. (Freeze and save to make some soup stock, if desired). Cut wings at joints to make smaller pieces.

Add remaining ingredients. toss with wings thoroughly. Place wings with marinade mixture in container or plastic ziptop bag. Let it marinate for a few hours or overnight, if possible.

Spray a baking dish, pan or cast iron skillet with cooking spray. Add wings in one layer, along with marinade (Do not discard it, because as it cooks down & thickens later while in the oven, it makes a nifty luscious dark red killer sweet & sour sauce as the wings bake and the liquid reduces and cooks down). Place uncovered pan or baking dish in preheated 350-degree oven. Bake for about 45 to 50 minutes, or until sauce is thick and bubbling. Pierce some of the wings with small paring knife and see if juices run clear from meat.

Serve with a veggie platter and some blue cheese dressing or ranch dressing, if desired. Enjoy!

Serves about 8 people.

Notes;

You can double, triple or quadruple the recipe, depending on how many adults and children you expect to have over and might be feeding.

For a change of pace, you can also use drumsticks or skinned breast strips with or in place of the wings.

This recipe, even though it might appear to be spicy, has far less heat than the traditional Buffalo wings. For those who might like some heat, but not a whole lot of it to the point where it is overbearingly spicy, and with a little bit of vinagar & honey sweetness and sour added to it for flavor in the background.

The kids will truly devour this!! One boy I know who lives up the street with his dad, they came to a friend's cookout. I made this and brought it over. He took one bite of this and he was in hog heaven!! Far less spicy for them as well! The Chipotle sauce gives it that luscious sassy & smokey flavor in the background, that is not too overbearing, yet it has that slight BBQ sauce flavor.

This is my very own recipe. It was discovered quite by accident! I was trying to find a new way to season the chicken wings and this is how they came out!

Thought it up as I went along. It was not copied or duplicated from anyone or anything. Thought that I'd share it with you for those of you who might like to try it. :eating2:

Attachments

• Honey Buffalo Wings.jpg
    Honey Buffalo Wings.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 120

Ian M.

Sherman - Thanks so much for this recipe! We'll be making these for sure around the first of June when we've got a celebration picnic with the entire clan coming up. I just know these'll be the hit of the picnic!

Ian M. :thankyou:

Shermie

Site Supporter
You welcome!

I should've made some for the big family Easter Dinner that we had!!! :eating2: