What are you doing today?

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Seth Adin was born at 7:34 this evening. Seven pounds four ounces. As per his mom's request, I am sorry, but, I cannot post pix. I should see him tomorrow.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
yay! a new baby~

so it got to be a very busy day here. i needed to write a dagnabbin pseudo-novel for my school if i wanna begin the end & it needed to be @ the school like now. i couldn't figure how to work my fax machine. i was getting sorta hysterical. got that to them finally.:kiss: i think.
then i went on a tangent to someone else. further phone time w/ my doctor, school, my wireless provider, & others. then i got an offer to hit the 'iggle. i declined! that's a 1st. blake was over, then i just got to cook a few hrs. ago. now time to relax!~ i have a sore throat & a headache & need my snooze.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Congrats Andy/Grandpa!!!!!!!!! :tiphat: :clap: :clap: :clap: Are you passing out virtual cigars?

belaine

Bottle Washer
Super Site Supporter
they have some sweet prints; i needed to request that 1, tho. bright pink would be cute~

Okay, i got pale blue with glitter! If i knew how to post photo I would. Hurt when stitches came out. All fine now. I have a pin in my hand for a month. Need to find gloves to fit over cast so i can hang out in kitchen. Ones i have are too small. Thanks everyone.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
It's going to be rather warm here today.. 86 in the forecast, but low humidity (thank goodness)-
I am going to chill, read, putter, nap and cook.
Ahhh, the weekend! :D

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Congratulations Andy!!!!!

House cleaning, laundry and baking a couple of loaves of banana blueberry oatmeal bread. Sure smells good in here :biggrin:

Ian M.

Aw Andy - That's just great news. Wishing the very best to great-granddad and the parents and welcome to the world, little boy. Great-granddad, if you're handing out virtual cigars, don't forget to reach into your virtual humidor and send a couple my way, now.

Ian :flowers:

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Not really today - Yesterday actually.

DW and I did our first big street fair. We did some small ones last year always inside and only 90 or so crafters. This one was in Nyack, NY, it features 300 crafters and closed the two main streets in town. I got a bit behind, OK, way behind in production. Foruteen hour marathon Saturday making the last of the wood. We packed the truck at 11:00 PM and got up at 4:30 AM. All of our other fairs were assigned space. This one you got assigned to a block, first come first served on where on the block. Also our first outdoor show and so first experience setting up the tent. We got a spot with shade all day. We were first on the block, so we did not know who would be around us. More on that later.

Anyway, here is my wood display.

Wood.jpg

It was my best yet day for me in sales.

Here is DW's display.

HSB-1.jpg

HSB-2.jpg

She had another "soaper" directly across from her and another five booths away. She did OK. Some of the other "soapers" were saying that they only did "OK".

I had a guy five booths away that only did cutting boards and another three booths away that did a way different kind of wood than I do.

Anyway, a lot was learned.

As you can tell from my posts today, I'm baking up a storm on a day off. Actually, Ian and I were both off yesterday (according to Ian, we're both "off" most of the time but yesterday we weren't working, either) and went "touring" to some of our favorite haunts around - mostly in Massachusetts - to places like Gloucester, Manchester-By-The-Sea, Magnolia and Salem and then on to the place where Ian's parents lived loads of years ago when they first married. A place called Plum Island, off the coast of Newburyport, MA. It was a gorgeous day and we had a wonderful time just poking around, seeing the beautiful scenery and looking through a combination of junque and junk at yard and barn sales. It was super! Once our baby gets here such jaunts will probably be a thing of the past for a while so it's wonderful to enjoy it while we can.

Today, I bake! And bake and bake and bake. I've found that recently I get spurts of energy and when it happens I just go with the flow! And today has been especially productive - and I'm not done yet................

Andy, your wood working wares are beautiful...I'd absolutely kill for some of your boards or bowls. And your wife's things look wonderful, too. I've a friend who makes her own soaps and balms (not for sale, but she gives them as gifts on occasion) and I've come to love her goat's milk soaps, especially the honeysuckle scented one. Do either you or your wife have catalogs of what you sell at craft fairs? I'd sure love seeing things in greater detail and selection!

Belaine, how's the arm and what color cast did you finally decide on? Pix would be grand of you encast.............

Fallon :whistling:

Andy and Belaine, I just read back over this thread and realized that I ought to read up before I post sometimes! Andy, I picked up on the website address of your wifes lovely things and will pull the website up for details. Also, Belaine, in reading down the thread I saw the answer to my question - pale blue cast with sparkles. Sounds so pretty. The pin in your hand sounds mighty uncomfortable.....I just hope you get to feeling better very soon.

Fallon:oops:

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Wow, you are so talented. It's all beautiful. I've bought some of the hand crafted wine stoppers before, but I've never seen the shaving brush/razor offered anywhere. Are any of those made to be used as a handle for a keg? I would think that would be a hot item.

attachment.php

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Thank you everyone.

Cooksie - I have not made a handle for a keg specifically. From what I have seen, the threads on a keg are about the same and these could be used as the stopper threads onto the piece that I turn. On the other hand, the keg handles might want to be longer, that would be easily done.

chilefarmer

Guys your skills are amazing. I a super impressed. I can do very little with wood, I am a metal worker, as was my family.
Having sales is always nice.
Fallon, good to see your having a good day, just keep on having them. Sounds like y'all had a really good time. CF

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
sweet items, andy. my Pap would've luved one of your shaving brushes; he used to use one.

i was awake & @ school, stomach a-flitter w/ butterflies, at dawn. school was easy as pie as usual- learning my way to/from from a new section of pgh. on my own was where the anxiety surfaced from.
class was great. i luved it & desperately missed being there.:kiss: i'm so blessed to get the chance to return. planned my potential restaurant, from demographics to name to decor to slogan to location to .......

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I'm so glad that you're going back to school, luvs :chef:.

I made a Sam's run yesterday and bought a bunch of meat that has to be divided, packaged, and frozen. Fun, fun, fun.....:fridge:

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
I kind of enjoy portioning meat Cooksie. We can't buy too far in advance due to limited freezer space though.

Just an average day here at work in NYC.

I did order more kits for wood turning. I got good response on shaving stuff and people seem to want stylus' for their iPads, etc..

Ian M.

Good for you, Luvs! Having a solid cooking school behind you is always a plus. For someone with ability and expertise in cooking, school doesn't necessarily teach you things you don't already have a grounding in but it's all the small touches you pick up as you go along that really count. I'm so very happy for you that you can continue with your schooling and learn things like that and expand on the knowledge you already have.

Ian :tiphat:

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Congratulations luvs!

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL work Andy!!!!! You can just see the love that went into every piece.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
thanx, yinz guys! same as yesterday here- school 1st thing. then to the pharmacy, & i think i'll dye my hair later, after i get thru w/ my reasearch paper. cooked dinner, too.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
classes. 2 assignments, 1 half-completed yet. got the menu i designed returned/graded this morning. only got an 89% due to font issues/typo-s, & somehow 1 of my menu items disappeared. i'd have an 'a'. can't be an a+ each time, right~ no one is.
designed my website in like an hour.
got 2 visitors when i got in earlier. gotta study for a certification. took my Chef's knives in to be sharpened & the powers that be weren't there. :kabob:calls & further calls. goin' to the bar. i need a breather 4 a few~

Ian M.

Building a fenced in pen for our cat colony. I'm armed with a large roll of chicken wire and tons of ideas from DW on exactly how she wants it to be. I wish Joe V. was around to give seminars on construction....anyone who can put together as beautiful a jacuzzi as he did should be able to lend good advice on how to build a cat coop. Between him and DW I may get this thing constructed before next year. Okay, she says NOW!

Ian :soapbox:

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Working on a kitchen remodel. I've managed to get the kitchen torn apart so far. I'll be painting the brown cabinets white, replacing the hinges and knobs with brushed nickle. It should brighten up my small kitchen. After the cabinets dry, I plan to tackle the outdated laminate counters. I don't really want to spend a bunch of money because I'm hoping to be able to move in a couple of years so I'm going to try my hand at painting the counters. I bought some Giani Granite Countertop paint. It has had some good reviews so we'll see. I figure if it doesn't work, we'll have to replace them but I'm going to try to go cheap if I can. Hopefully it will all be done in a week or so.

chilefarmer

Been building my smokehouse. So got way behind on the yard work. We need yard people or a smaller yard. I get tired pretty quick. The trimming is what gets to me. That weed eater is a bear. Yep,been doing yard work. Smaller yard would let me go fishing with Allen. Or I could make more sausage and bacon. CF

Leni

I've been remembering that this is D Day. Other than that I've been cleaning house and keeping an eye on my blood pressure. It's been doing crazy things lately. Tomorrow is garden day.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
think i'll snooze. cannot fight snooze any furter. doctor'appt. nite! snooze well~

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
I have been over the top lately. As some of you know, I do craft shows with my DW. We had a show, two weeks off (which I used poorly), a show last weekend and a 3 day show this weekend.

As a result of slacking off early on, I am way behind in making wood products. I have done better in the last tow shows than I could have ever hoped for. For that I am thankful. After a day's computer consulting, I am spending evenings in the woodshop where I am watched over by my two faithful Labradors who frequently rearrange wood and tools to their liking in a bid for attention.

After this weekend, I have two weeks before another show, Whew!!

belaine

Bottle Washer
Super Site Supporter
Andy and Belaine, I just read back over this thread and realized that I ought to read up before I post sometimes! Andy, I picked up on the website address of your wifes lovely things and will pull the website up for details. Also, Belaine, in reading down the thread I saw the answer to my question - pale blue cast with sparkles. Sounds so pretty. The pin in your hand sounds mighty uncomfortable.....I just hope you get to feeling better very soon.

Fallon:oops:

Thanks for your post. I get cast off next Tuesday. Pins come out too, scary thought. Start physical therapy for some time. If i knew how to post a picture I would! I do it on facebook and it is so easy.