Spice up your Crackers!

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Just tried these today. A co-worker brought some to work and they were very tasty. :D

1 Box Saltine Crackers (4 sleeves)

1 1/2 cups canola oil

1 1/2 teaspoons crushed red peppers (dried)

1 package ranch dressing (powder)

Mix canola oil, dried red peppers & ranch dressing in bowl. Put all 4 sleeves of crackers in a glass jar. Pour mixture over crackers. Roll jar around to saturate crackers.
Let set for 5 minutes or an hour (no set time given so feel free to experiment with the time for best results).

A lite tasty snack. :thumb:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
MmmmMMMM! I wonder how it would work with oyster crackers???

Lee

chilefarmer

Here ya go. Just didn't want to take over the original post. CF:)

Spicy Hot Crackers

Ingredients

• 3/4 cup canola oil or Peanut oil
  • 1 (1 ounce) package ranch dressing mix
  • 2 tablespoons red pepper flakes use more or less for your heat level.
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
  • 2 tablespoon Parmesan cheese
  • 1 (16 ounce) box saltine crackers, I like to use Ritz low salt crackers
Directions

1. Place all ingredients except crackers into a 2 cup measure. Whisk until mixed well.

Using a large Ziploc storage bag, I use the 2 gallon size. Add the oil mixture and the crackers. Tumble constantly for 10 minutes, or until well coated.
Place on large cookie sheet heat in 375 ° oven for about 10 minutes. Turn one time half way through, careful not to break crackers.

Just tried these today. A co-worker brought some to work and they were very tasty. :D

1 Box Saltine Crackers (4 sleeves)

1 1/2 cups canola oil

1 1/2 teaspoons crushed red peppers (dried)

1 package ranch dressing (powder)

Mix canola oil, dried red peppers & ranch dressing in bowl. Put all 4 sleeves of crackers in a glass jar. Pour mixture over crackers. Roll jar around to saturate crackers.
Let set for 5 minutes or an hour (no set time given so feel free to experiment with the time for best results).

A lite tasty snack. :thumb:

Uh - Doc. I can tell you right off the bat that if anyone did that, those crackers would just dissolve into mush within MINUTES. I can't help but feel that you left out some sort of baking time perhaps??

Here ya go. Just didn't want to take over the original post. CF:)

Spicy Hot Crackers

Ingredients

• 3/4 cup canola oil or Peanut oil
  • 1 (1 ounce) package ranch dressing mix
  • 2 tablespoons red pepper flakes use more or less for your heat level.
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
  • 2 tablespoon Parmesan cheese
  • 1 (16 ounce) box saltine crackers, I like to use Ritz low salt crackers
Directions

1. Place all ingredients except crackers into a 2 cup measure. Whisk until mixed well.

Using a large Ziploc storage bag, I use the 2 gallon size. Add the oil mixture and the crackers. Tumble constantly for 10 minutes, or until well coated.
Place on large cookie sheet heat in 375 ° oven for about 10 minutes. Turn one time half way through, careful not to break crackers.

THANK YOU!!! I knew this interesting recipe HAD to be baked at some point!

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Uh - Doc. I can tell you right off the bat that if anyone did that, those crackers would just dissolve into mush within MINUTES. I can't help but feel that you left out some sort of baking time perhaps??
I have double checked the recipe my co-worker gave me and I did not leave anything out. I am double checking with the co worker just in case that part was left off the recipe.

Lol!!! Will be very interested to hear how your co-worker's recipe turns out should you try it.

Re-read it again & think about it. Would you really want to reach in & try a dissolving cracker coated in oil?

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
My daughters MIL made these last Christmas. They are wonderful! If I remember correctly, she didn't bake hers either and they were crisp.

GotGarlic

Doc's recipe calls for 1.5 cups of oil, while CF's calls for 3/4 cup and HomeCook's for 1 cup. Curiouser and curiouser ... :smile:

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
A close friend saw this thread and sent me this recipe. No baking involved.

http://www.partiallymotivated.com/2011/06/fathers-day-recipe-crazy-crackers/
--------------------

another one.
They come out delicious, and NOT soggy. LOL

I have done these with the hard, thick Bavarian style pretzels, tiny pretzel rods, and the waffle type pretzel pieces, crackers of all types (even goldfish) :wink:

Ingredients

3/4 cup vegetable oil
1 (1 ounce) package dry Ranch-style dressing mix
1-1/2 teaspoons garlic salt
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
1-1/2 (15 ounce) packages mini pretzels

Cooking Instructions

In a small bowl, mix together oil, dressing mix, garlic salt, cayenne pepper, and lemon pepper seasoning.
Place pretzels in a large, resealable plastic bag. Pour in oil mixture from bowl. Shake well. Allow pretzels to marinate in the mixture approximately 2 hours before serving. Shake occasionally to maintain coating.

Yeah, now that would work. Pretzels don't disintegrate like saltines when they hit wet ingredients.

Not interested in oily-wet crumbling saltines - lol!!

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Yeah, now that would work. Pretzels don't disintegrate like saltines when they hit wet ingredients.

Not interested in oily-wet crumbling saltines - lol!!
Rather rude aren't you breezy one? :pat:

The recipe I posted was correct as given to my co-worker.

Guess it was to much trouble for you to click the link in my previous post and see even more who do the crackers WITHOUT baking and the crackers do not come out soggy. You sure put your opinion out there but can you admit when you are WRONG?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Rather rude aren't you breezy one? :pat:

The recipe I posted was correct as given to my co-worker.

Guess it was to much trouble for you to click the link in my previous post and see even more who do the crackers WITHOUT baking and the crackers do not come out soggy. You sure put your opinion out there but can you admit when you are WRONG?
:applause::applause:

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Would anyone care for some cornbread? It's hot out of the oven with lots of melted butter and honey!

Attachments

• cornbread.jpg
    cornbread.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 559

chilefarmer

I thought you might, you know what they say.
Man can not live on bread alone, he must have cane syrup!!
I grew up on that stuff. CF:)