Anybody ever make Chinese lobster sauce?

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
If so, what was your recipe?

What did you serve it with?

Looks easy enough!

Lee

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Here is one I've use a couple of times.

Chinese Lobster Sauce - http://chinesefood.about.com/od/saucesmarinades/r/lobstersauce.htm

This recipe can be used with either shrimp or lobster. Be sure to add the eggs just before serving the sauce.
Ingredients:

1/4 pound ground pork
2 teaspoons soy sauce
Pepper, to taste
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1 tablespoon fermented black beans
1 garlic clove
2 green onions (spring onions, scallions)
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon sherry
1 teaspoon granulated sugar
3/4 cup chicken broth
1 tablespoon cornstarch
2 tablespoons water
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons oil for stir-frying

Preparation:
Combine the ground pork with the soy sauce, pepper and 1 teaspoon cornstarch. Marinate the pork for 15 minutes.

Rinse the black beans, letting them sit in the water for a few minutes to soften. Drain. Use a cleaver or knife to finely chop the beans. Peel and mince the garlic clove. Mash the garlic together with the soaked black beans. Wash the green onion and cut on the diagonal into 1-inch pieces.

In a small bowl, mix together the soy sauce, sherry, sugar, and chicken broth. Set aside. In a separate small bowl, dissolve the 1 tablespoon cornstarch in the water and set aside.

Lightly beat the eggs with the salt.

Heat the wok over medium high to high heat. Add 2 tablespoon oil, swirling to coat the sides. When oil is ready, add 1/2 of the mashed black beans and garlic mixture. Stir-fry until aromatic. Add the ground pork. Stir-fry until it changes color. Remove and clean out the wok.

Add 1 tablespoon oil. When the oil is hot, add the second half of the bean and garlic mixture. Stir-fry until aromatic. Add the sauce. Give the cornstarch and water mixture a quick re-stir and add to the sauce, stirring quickly to thicken. Add the ground pork back into the pan. Stir in the green onion.

Stir in the beaten eggs. Remove the sauce from the heat, pour over shrimp or lobster and serve.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
All I've got to offer is side suggestions. I'm assuming that you're going to serve it over rice, so I'd do something with a little crunch.

Stir fried green beans or
Baby bok choy like you did a while back

For an appetizer, maybe shrimp toast

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Joe, that recipe sounds terrific, and I have all the stuff but the ground pork!

Cooksie, your suggestions sound wonderful!

Thank you both!

Lee

Cooksie

Site Supporter
This looks like the type of Shrimp with Lobster Sauce that I'm used to. Gonna try it:

http://video.about.com/chinesefood/How-to-Make-Shrimp-With-Lobster-Sauce-Stir-Fry.htm

1 cup chicken stock or broth
2 Tbsp. sweet white wine, such as Glen Ellen White Zinfandel
1 Tbsp. soy sauce
1 tsp. sugar
1-1/4 Tbsp. cornstarch
1/4 cup water
1 Tbsp. stir fry oil
1 clove garlic, minced
2-4 spring onions, chopped
3/4 lb. shrimp, peeled, deveined and butterflied
2 egg whites, beaten with 2 Tbsp. water

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
This looks like the type of Shrimp with Lobster Sauce that I'm used to. Gonna try it:

http://video.about.com/chinesefood/How-to-Make-Shrimp-With-Lobster-Sauce-Stir-Fry.htm

1 cup chicken stock or broth
2 Tbsp. sweet white wine, such as Glen Ellen White Zinfandel
1 Tbsp. soy sauce
1 tsp. sugar
1-1/4 Tbsp. cornstarch
1/4 cup water
1 Tbsp. stir fry oil
1 clove garlic, minced
2-4 spring onions, chopped
3/4 lb. shrimp, peeled, deveined and butterflied
2 egg whites, beaten with 2 Tbsp. water

Thank you.