Buying case lots of meat.

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
Since the avian flu is driving up chicken and egg prices we got 2 cases of boneless/skinless chicken breasts at Sams for $1.69 a lb. the other day. We pack them up individually and vac seal and freeze them. They are enough for the 2 of us for a meal. We also got a case of imitation crabmeat for $1 off a pound buying by the case. Having it on hand helps me cut down on the beef and pork we eat as well.

chilefarmer

I just bought a case of pork bellies, case of whole chickens and a case of cut up chickens. got them from one of our vendors. Pork bellies were $1.46 pound, 65 pound case. Its bacon time. I am not sure what the chickens cost. I am thinking that chickens recover quicker than beef or pork so maybe the price wont stay up to long. CF

Guts

The price eggs here 4 dollars and 59 cents for 18 Cosco 5 dollars and 29 cents for 18

Thank you you bleeding heart liberals in California

Mountain man your located in the hills in the hills of what state?

Guts

Thanks mountain man

Sometimes prices our relevant depending on which state you live in.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i buy 6 eggs, as they have gotten so costly, & i use so few. meat is $$,too-- i bough 1 lamb rib for near $5. nary enough 4 a dinner, tho i tend to make 'lil dinners.

Last edited:

Johnny West

About the only big lots I buy are the cryovac pork butts at the restaurant outlet when I'm doing pulled pork for a summer BBQ. I am thinking a beef pack one of these days.