Wednesday 11/30...what's on the menu?

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I have a nice ham bone leftover from Thanksgiving that I plan to make into Split Pea Soup. Maybe some crusty bread with it.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Have a safe trip SS.

That sounds really good CC, are you making your own crust?

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
that's one of my most-luved winter soups, mama.

i'm headed to buy some groceries later, here, so i usually pick as i'm putting groceries away. for now, i'm thinking lamb, maybe a curry of some sort. that would actually involve opening a cookbook though:read:

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Me too luvs!

I can't wait to see what you make with the lamb!

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Stuffed pork chop, pan gravy and stuffed butternut squash (granny smith, butter, raisins, dried cherries, walnuts, brown sugar, nutmeg and cinnamon)

113011_stuffed_chop_stuffed_butternut.jpg

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Pork chop looks great..and the stuffing too...
Thank you Jimmy. And that was fresh stuffing. All the t-day stuffing has been gone for days. I used 1 cup stuffing cubes, 1/3 cup chicken broth, onion, celery, mushooms, butter, fresh herbs (sage, rosemary, thyme) and poultry seasoning. It was very good. We didn't care for the butternut squash because it was bland but the stuffing was good (the dried cherries really added nice flavor) so next time I will stuff an acorn squash.

Nancy-MD

Peep, your stuffed pork chops look delicious! I'll bet a little melted butter and maple syrup would have livened up your butternut squash, plus a little kosher or sea salt. They sure can be bland.

We ordered a pizza for our supper tonight.

Embryodad

Tonight was just rice. Saffron yellow rice..
I was going to make philly cheese steaks wit onions and peppers...but..
DW didn't get home till late,,,and my stomach was burning from the pills I took for my sinus headache. Grrrrrr.

I just would get sick looking at the onions and cooking in the oil.
I will make them tomorrow.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Peep, your stuffed pork chops look delicious! I'll bet a little melted butter and maple syrup would have livened up your butternut squash, plus a little kosher or sea salt. They sure can be bland.

We ordered a pizza for our supper tonight.
Thank you Nan. The squash stuffing tasted like apple pie. LOL

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i hafta be somewhere early in the morning, so dinner (though not my shopping!) went by the wayside in lieu of simplistic. the grapple was kinda neat- the kinda grainy texture i avoid in apples, though a lovely, almost floral aspect. i'll hafta have 1 of the others & see if its texture isn't different than this one's was.
fuzzy pic-

Attachments

• IMG_1302420.jpg
    IMG_1302420.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 101

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Stuffed pork chop, pan gravy and stuffed butternut squash (granny smith, butter, raisins, dried cherries, walnuts, brown sugar, nutmeg and cinnamon)

Winner, Winner, Pork Chop Dinner! :clap:

I love the smell of fresh rosemary. Sam's has some small rosemary trees shaped like Christmas trees. I oogle them every time I go in there, and I'll probably be toting one home before long.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Winner, Winner, Pork Chop Dinner! :clap:

I love the smell of fresh rosemary. Sam's has some small rosemary trees shaped like Christmas trees. I oogle them every time I go in there, and I'll probably be toting one home before long.
Thank you cooksie