Possible new house

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
I have said before about the idea of sharing a property with the in laws, with theirs & ours bits. Well, it's moved a step nearer. Fil cam and saw a house on Friday and we are putting in an offer on Mon.
See where we go. The house is huge - it was originally three houses, very badly joined together - may need some of Pancho's input. Fil is an architect, so will be able to design any aletrations.
Here is an outside piccy.

Attachments

• cromwell house.jpg
    cromwell house.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 191

Calicolady

Cool. There's a plack on the front, top, middle. Is it named or dated? Any property in the back for gardening?
Ahh, the aroma of spackle and sawed wood and paint. I love it!

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
It's called Cromwell House - there was a battle fought in the English Civil War in the area. The church opposite supposedly still has bullet holes in the doors from then.

We have a long terrace and a little garden area out the back.

Calicolady

That's neat! What is the roof material made of? And any basement.
I love searching all the dark nooks & crannies of old bldgs.
Glad for the area for a garden (and doghouse if YOU need to get away. LOL!)

PanchoHambre

Cool house Ray... I thought my house was old LOL! 1870s its a baby in comparison.

Looks like you will have alot of space to do what you want. I wish I could get my neighbors house and knock through!

I would advise against any major renovations while you are living there LOL.. it can cause a lot of stress.

Looks like it's in town and has no steps to the first floor which is great for older people.

My grandparents lived in Maidenhead when I was a kid BTW... not far from you. They had a wee little house with a long garden that led out into the fields.

Good luck.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Such a lovely place, Ray. I love Tudor style - is that what they call it there, too? Anyway, I hope when your offer is accepted, you will post some pics of the inside. I'll bet it's fantastic.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I LOVE Tudors! That is one enormous house!

Best of luck to you and your family, Ray!!!

Lee

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
What a neat looking house. I can't wait to see the inside. You need to post some before and after pics for us!

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
The house is beautiful, Ray. Hope it all works out for you. I love the understatement in England - in the US, there would be a flashing neon sign on your house, and tacky souvenir stands! I loved living in England ('67-70) and enjoy your posts so much. Best of luck to you and your family.

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
No street parking outside the house - its available further up the road. No garage - there is parking space at tje right of the house (will hold two cars)

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
Lovely! I have friends in Worcestershire who buy homes, fix them up and either rent or sell. Where 'bouts is this??

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
It is loverly! Boy, does that mean if I ever get to London, we can meet Miniman? Some day I hope to meet my penpal who lives in Queens Park. lol

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
That is a popular holiday area--Hampshire--the southeast coast of England. It is suppose to be quite lovely and moderate weatherwise.
Best wishes on getting the house.

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
He was a musician. we think the red room was there rehersal room - the red is actually carpet stuck to the walls.

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Maybe noise dampening with carpet on the walls. I second the idea of us all showing up on his doorstep unannounced!! LOL. But in all fairness we should all bring our best dishes with us and have a huge pot luck!

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
Maybe noise dampening with carpet on the walls. I second the idea of us all showing up on his doorstep unannounced!! LOL. But in all fairness we should all bring our best dishes with us and have a huge pot luck!

I will go for that, all the best dishes and definitely some of Bam's BBQ and hot sauce.

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Oh yea, gotta have BAM's stuff!! We can have him grillin and smokin in the back yard and just keep him supplied with beer!! LOL.