Pork shoulder ribs

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
Hi everybody! I just picked up a package of pork shoulder ribs. I've never cooked them before and on the package it says to boil them for 40 minutes before you finish cooking them? Is this right? Can't I just brown them and throw them in the crock pot with a bottle of sauce? Please advise - thanks!:huh:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Heck no, RM - no need to boil!

You may want to season the ribs first, with a rub or other seasonings you like, before placing them in the crock with the sauce.

Yum!

Lee

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
Heck no, RM - no need to boil!

You may want to season the ribs first, with a rub or other seasonings you like, before placing them in the crock with the sauce.

Yum!

Lee

Thanks Lee! Do you think they will have too much moisture in them and water down the sauce?

Shermie

Site Supporter
Or in the oven.

I don't boil or parboil ribs in MY house.

They go straight from the dry rub being put on them to the oven or the stovetop kettle smoker. :bbq3: :bbq:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks Lee! Do you think they will have too much moisture in them and water down the sauce?

RM, the juice and fat from the ribs will make the sauce thinner, yes, but will also add flavor.

If you like your ribs with heavy sauce, save some sauce to heat and brush on just before serving.

lee