1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon hot sauce (optional)

Put all ingredients in a bowl and whisk together until sauce is well blended and smooth. Pour over roast in crockpot. Cook on high for 4 or 5 hours or low for seven to eight hours. Serve as main dish with sauce drizzled over meat.
Note: This could also be pulled apart and used in tacos or burritos. Makes good sandwiches, too. You could do this recipe in the oven and cook on 350 degrees for approximately 2 hours until roast is cooked to your satisfaction. Enjoy!

Thanks to Judy @ The Southern Lady Cooks :flowers:

blog-stuff-1773.jpg

Leni

I have a pot roast in my slow cooker right now. All I did was to sprinkle a packet of Liptons Onion Soup mix over it. Later I"ll add vegggies. It's so simple and makes a great au juice which can be turned into a gravy.

belaine

Bottle Washer
Super Site Supporter
I would love to be cooking this right now, perfect weather - we are going out tonight so I will do it tomorrow. Here's the recipe I use from another site:

Braised BBQ Beef Sandwich Recipe
Print Options
·

Ingredients· One 3-pound chuck roast, rinsed and dried
· 2 medium onions, chopped
· 1 Tbsp olive oil
· 1 28-ounce can whole tomatoes (preferably plum tomatoes)
· 1 18-ounce bottle of your favorite barbecue sauce (or 2 1/4 cups of your favorite homemade barbecue sauce)
· Salt and freshly ground black pepper
· 12 sandwich or hamburger buns
Method
1 In a large, heavy pot, heat olive oil on medium heat. Add the onions and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes, roughly chopping them in the pot. Add the barbecue sauce, increase heat to medium high and simmer for 10 minutes. Add the chuck roast. Bring to a low simmer, cover and slow cook until meat is very tender, stirring occasionally, about 3 hours

2 Remove the meat from the pot. Use a fork and knife to separate the roast into small pieces. Set aside.
3 Increase the heat on the pot to medium/medium-high, uncover, and reduce the liquid until thick. Stir often to prevent burning.
4 Return the meat to the liquid in the pan. Warm both thoroughly. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Serve on buns. Makes approximately 12 sandwiches.

PanchoHambre

nice recipes I have one of these on deck this week will have to look back here for pointers. one of my favorite crock pot things to make