6 Medium Red Potatoes
1 cup Chicken Broth
1/4 cup Lemon Juice
1/4 cup Olive Oil
1 Tbsp Oregano
Salt and Pepper to taste

Procedure

Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.

Leave the skin on the potatoes. Cut the potatoes into quarters (wedges). In a large bowl, add the Olive Oil and Lemon Juice. Whisk well to blend. Now add the chicken broth and Oregano and whisk once more. Add the potato wedges to the bowl and toss well to coat.

Pour everything into a baking dish, arrange potatoes so they are skin side down, and bake uncovered for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until browned and tender.

As this cooks, the liquid will evaporate. You’ll know this is done when the potatoes are nice and brown and most of the liquid is gone. If there is any liquid left, pour it over the potatoes before serving. The concentration of flavors in this dish is amazing.

Spoon gently from the dish to avoid breakage.

Ready to go into the oven.
Step1-5.jpg

After baking and ready to serve.
Step2-5.jpg

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
We used to get these at the Greek restaurant in Evanston, before we moved down here! Now I can make em myself! Thanks!

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
The Greek taters look great. I would just add the following to the directions: "Spray bottom & sides of baking dish with cooking spray." I have a hell of a time cleaning glass baking dishes that have not been sprayed, so maybe this will save someone some aggravation. I think I'll try these tonight. We love redskins.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Wow, that all looks fantastic, Keltin! The potatoes are beautiful and different!

Thanks!

Lee

lilylove

Yummmy!!!

Keltin...next time you make some roasted lamb..do the potatoes next to the lamb but leave out the chicken broth and use the lamb juices! You'll think you've died and gone to heaven!

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Yummmy!!!

Keltin...next time you make some roasted lamb..do the potatoes next to the lamb but leave out the chicken broth and use the lamb juices! You'll think you've died and gone to heaven!

Awesome tip! Thanks!

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
The Greek taters look great. I would just add the following to the directions: "Spray bottom & sides of baking dish with cooking spray." I have a hell of a time cleaning glass baking dishes that have not been sprayed, so maybe this will save someone some aggravation. I think I'll try these tonight. We love redskins.

Another great tip. You know, I actually use SOS pads on glass dishes with good results.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Got em in the oven right now. I'll let you know how they turn out. I'm serving them with a couple of fillet mignon.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
I DID add garlic to the recipe, and sprayed the glass dish with cooking spray before putting anything in. It cleaned up easily with one of those sponge/scrubby thingy's.

GreekPotatoes-1.jpg

GreekPotatoes-2.jpg

GreekPotates-3.jpg

They needed a little salt & pepper when served, but otherwise were very tasty and a little tangy with all that lemon juice. It's a keeper.

Greek Lemon roasted potatoes are one of my fave side dishes. I add Feta cheese and lots of Oregano, & serve with (lemon) roasted chicken. I don't place them skin side down; I turn them over halfway through cooking time, & add the feta at the end.

Last edited:
Made them tonight, just finished eating them, and the wife approves ( and so did i). Thanks for the recipe. Did crumble a little feta before serving which was a nice touch.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Wonderful Larry! Glad you liked them. I'm going to have to try the feta cheese idea myself! :clap:

I get a pound of feta every week from the deli counter at our local market. Im like clockwork there ( store opens 7am, im at the deli counter 7:01 asking for my feta every sunday morning). Its to the point that they call me " mr feta" and wished me a happy greek easter, assuming i was greek with all the feta i purchase. I started getting it when my son, who was 2 1/2 at the time, fell in love with it. His favorite sandwich is a feta cheese and pickle sandwich. What i didnt understand , was I had a 2 1/2 year old who loved feta, but hated chocolate. go figure. any way, with it available at all times, im throwing it into and onto everything. So when it was suggested to put feta on top, it was a no brainer for me and my family. I picked at them before i threw it on and they were very good with or without. The consistency was nice too.