What's Cooking Sunday 4/30 thru Saturday 5/6 2017

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Something I haven't made in quite some time.
Baked Idaho's covered in creamed spinach.

Dogboa

When we were at Restaurant Depot getting the mussels for Karen's B-Day dinner I also got some razor clams to try. As I was leaving the seafood dept., I happened to glance down and see some live crawfish. I asked how much and was told $2.50 a pound.
ohmy.gif
The only way we could get them cheaper ($1.99) is if we drove to Slidel and picked them up. I then asked if they were pond raised and was told they are wild caught. I asked if they got them often and he pointed to the 7 unopened, 30# sacks still left. Karen had stayed in the car, so as I left the check out and headed to the car, I told her about them. Back in I went and out I came with a 32# sack. Can you say at home Seafood Festival this weekend!
lol.gif
hungry.gif
We went to Winn Dixie to do some of our other shopping and found a clearance sale on Abita beer. Abita Amber is a must for us with crawfish.

Dogboa

Karen forgot to mention the stone crab claws that went with the mussels. I picked those up on Thursday when I was doing a service in Everglades City. Grimm's stone crab is there and the claws had come off their boats the night before. Florida law requires they be cooked before being sold. You can't get them any fresher. Alas, the season ends May 15th and won't open again until October 15th.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
We carried in Dinner from the local Chinese take-out...
Shrimp w/ Lobster Sauce & Hot/Sour Soup for me,
Kung Pao Chicken for the Warden.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I just made beef pot pie filling. I will use my mini Dutch ovens to cook in. Just a top crust because my arthritis is acting up today. I was hoping to use my mini pie plates and do top and bottom crust.

Johnny West

Some comments on several posts above:

John, have you ever tried barley in place of potatoes in lamb stew? MUCH better, IMO.

Peep, those ribs look absolutely wonderful, and Sass, so does the Arby's!

Medtran, your Fly Heads dish sounds great to me. Was the flavor of the beans off-putting at all?

Lee

No, no barley - I like it but she doesn't.

Tonight is a neighborhood cinco de mayo party and I just put together a chili using 4 packs of little smokies.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I just made beef pot pie filling. I will use my mini Dutch ovens to cook in. Just a top crust because my arthritis is acting up today. I was hoping to use my mini pie plates and do top and bottom crust.

Individual Beef Pot Pie and side salad (no pic).

beef_pot_pie_3_050617_P1100104.jpg