Things to do with leftover tortillas

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I love fish tacos, but just want TWO. And always have leftover tortillas.

I like flour tortillas better than corn tortillas, but would love to hear ideas about what you do with any leftover tortillas.

Last night, I thawed a one-cup container of shredded beef and had a couple of beef tacos.

Tonight, I thawed a one-cup container of Pork Chile Verde, drained off the liquid, toasted some tortilla wedges (Pam'd and salted) in the oven and topped it all with same stuff I always have ... for nachos.

Other ideas?

Lee

Toppings for beef tacos

Toppings for shredded beef tacos.JPG

Beef tacos

Shredded beef taco.JPG

Toasted tortillas

Toasted flour tortillas.JPG

Pork Chile Verde

Pork chili verde.JPG

Toppings

Pork chile verde toppings.JPG

Pork Chile Verde Nachos

Pork chile verde nachos.JPG

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
cut into strips, then deep-fry & season 'em. meanwhile, make a dipping sauce, or a cinnamon-sugar, to toss them with.

Moxie

I often use them for breakfast wraps. Scramble a couple eggs, cheese, 'other stuff' , then roll it up like a burrito.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I've never done it, but some people use flour tortillas to make chicken and dumplings.

I also do something like Moxie suggested but call them breakfast burritos. Sausage, egg, and cheese are my favorite.

I recently made my first tortilla pizza with a flour tortilla. It comes out like a cracker crust pizza. I like to use pesto on the bottom, then mozzarella, then artichoke hearts, black olives, and feta cheese, with a little drizzle of olive oil.

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
I put one on a cookie sheet, shred cheddar cheese on it, a little salsa on top, jalopinos to taste and broil. Quarter with a pizza wheel and nom.