What are you doing today?

Mr. Green Jeans

1. Finish the install on the new microwave/convection oven. 2. Change out the kitchen cabinet hardware (58 knobs). 3. Yard wars 1" of rain last week has the grass going wild. 4. Change the anti-freeze in my Honda Element. 5. Nap if I'm sneaky enough.

Leni

Whatever I do with have to be with my leg up. There was a tomato cage hiding in the weeds and the leg got me to the tune of eight stitches. I think that I'll go through some magazines and do some knitting. DH and DD can take care of everything else.

FooD

Start finishing the bare interior of my backyard observatory...

Attachments

• P1060621.JPG
    P1060621.JPG
    124.9 KB · Views: 221

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
well, i was goin' about w/ h20 on the knee fer weeks. got that aspirated from there yesterday, my doctor said i'd be a new woman after that, Sweet Jesus, was she correct. suffice to say, i have gotten the chance to:wub: the weather, wear my new sandals, get to the bar, & shop. ohhhhhhhhhhh, & lysol solution is now again a staple, as is liqui-tub-scrub an 'at- i can wash the flooring properly now! i missed cleaning like usual.

Last edited:

belaine

Bottle Washer
Super Site Supporter
Whatever I do with have to be with my leg up. There was a tomato cage hiding in the weeds and the leg got me to the tune of eight stitches. I think that I'll go through some magazines and do some knitting. DH and DD can take care of everything else.

Ouch. Lay low girl.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Feel better Leni.

I have been waiting all day for a phone call from work. I didn't get one so thats good news.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
watching my brother's kiddos. so, u know, bottle-fixer, binky locater, good example that must keep in mind not to swear, human bib, hairstylist, cleaner, referee, diaper-changer, teacher, nurse, singer/dancer to classics like 'twinkle, twinkle 'lil star'....... awwww, my precious luv-bug niece just toddled over to me to get on the couch w/ me & laid her 'lil hiccuping head on my shoulder. okay. time to change a diaper again.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
It's Sunday here.
Early... almost 4am..
Just checking in..
Right now I am about to hit the hay.

Mr. Green Jeans

Getting the meal prep out of the way. MIL requested a "cook-out" burgers and potato salad. Also added dessert, Mario Batali's Banana Brownie Bars. Later I'll fire up the old 8N and do some pasture mowing.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
my new-Dad took my Mom, me, SIL, & 'lil stepsister to breakfast 1st thing this morning to beat the crowds. got in to da 'burgh not a few hours ago. i was s'possed 2 be going shopping w/ my stepsister, except i'm exhausted & there were timing conflicts so i postponed.
may spend time with blake.
may nap & cook, too.

Leni

Thanks for asking Mama. It still hurts but it is also begining to itch. I go to get the stitches out tomorrow. We'll see what the nurse thinks about it then. It's been ten days.

Hope everyone had a great Mothers day.

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Leni - I hope that you are right as rain soon. Stitches are no fum. When I work on the house / yard / shop, I always say "no bloodshed, no work done". IN this case (yours) a bit too much bloodshed. Anyway, hope you are healed soon.

JoeV - I always wanted to ask, do you leave access panels in case something under the tub needs fixing or just rip into it?

For my part today (Monday) I am at work. Yesterday, I finished up making cheese spreaders and hors d'oeuvres slicers. Lots of fun on the lathe and I also laid out another cheese board. The first craft show is this weekend and I am behind.
Saturday, I smoked pulled pork and a brisket. The brisket was meh the pulled pork was awesome.

belaine

Bottle Washer
Super Site Supporter
Leni, you get stitches out? Wednesday I get cast on. Hubby learning where stuff goes in our kitchen:)

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
Leni, you get stitches out? Wednesday I get cast on. Hubby learning where stuff goes in our kitchen:)

they take getting used to; if u get hypoallergenic nitrile gloves to cover the cast (they leave u w/ further flexibility than standard gloves, imo), then, if u'd like, you can cook, too-!:flowers: i know u like to cook. i've seen a few get through casts & continue w/ cooking school.:biggrin:get well!

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
jackets/pants wht.washed, hair color on its way, prepping 4 appts. half the afternoon w/ school admin. soon, getting a new job cheffing- stat, studying 4/checking into certifications/re-certifications ('cept 4 the dietary/nutrition class- i could teach that class- the cert. should be nothing 4 me).
& napping w/ my blake- my days'll be a daze soon enough. nap while i can.

um, anyone wanna shield my ears when i let my Mom know i decided i shoulda gone w/ being a doctor like we both figured i'd be....... my defense is that she sorta recently said, mid-conversation, 'i think you should be going to school to be a doctor.'
i'm 31- nobody said i can't be a Chef & a physician. i have years~
research time later on!
i voicemailed my Mom. ohhhhh, we'll be bickering later on!

Last edited:

belaine

Bottle Washer
Super Site Supporter
they take getting used to; if u get hypoallergenic nitrile gloves to cover the cast (they leave u w/ further flexibility than standard gloves, imo), then, if u'd like, you can cook, too-!:flowers: i know u like to cook. i've seen a few get through casts & continue w/ cooking school.:biggrin:get well!

Thanks for tip. I had joint replaced in my right thumb. Will be a challenge

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
anytime belaine; casts:huh:, 'cept once you get used to them you can pretty much be yourself.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
I am 65 and this will be my very first cast! Grands cannot wait to sign it. What color should I get?:)

wow! that's good! hm; i get redd or green so i'd say one of those. this 1 i got was so neat,- redd/blue stripes w/ wht. stars on it. very patriotic.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
they have some sweet prints; i needed to request that 1, tho. bright pink would be cute~

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Besides being at work. I am awaiting the arrival of my great grandson. My granddaughter reported to "The birthing center" at 6:30 today.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
Driving from Boise ID to Tacoma WA. Fun fun fun. Lol

Sent from my SPH-M820-BST using Tapatalk

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Driving from Boise ID to Tacoma WA. Fun fun fun. Lol

Sent from my SPH-M820-BST using Tapatalk
Man, you be getting around. i thought you was still in Texas. Enjoy! I always enjoy a good road trip.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Congrats Andy! :D
Well, I'll be working again today --thru Friday.
4's almost kill me.
Been busy with a lot of other stuff lately as well.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
congrats on your new great-grandbaby, andy!

not very busy this afternoon. i spent half the day getting calls & making a few. getting company in a 'lil while.
im'ma see if the guy is gonna be by later. watching 'prozac nation'- pretty good movie from the snippets i've seen of it b-4. trying to stay relaxed & i'm not being very effective @ that. can't wait to make dinner soon~