3 TBL juice from canned jalapenos
3 TBL vinegar
2 TBL sugar
3 tsp prepared horseradish
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/8 tsp onion powder
dash granulated garlic

Combine all ingredients in a 2-quart pitcher. Store covered in the refrigerator.
Directions for mixing drink: Add 3 parts of the Bloody Mary Mix to 1 part vodka, over ice. This is also very nice by itself; just pour over ice and serve.

homecook

Sounds good LT but I'd have to add Worcestershire sauce and celery salt to mine. lol

Have you ever tried the Spicy Hot V-8?? It's killer.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Absolutely Worcestershire sauce, but I load that up in each individual drink, along with a celery rib, split.

No, never saw it, but I'll start looking !:wink:

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Bloodies go great with a Sunday brunch. I might just do that today. I'm in the mood.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Sunday Breakfast !!

363573213.jpg

Johnny West

Bloody Mary Mix

Makes enough for 8 (6 oz.) Bloody Marys

Ingredients:
1 (46-ounce) can tomato juice
4 TBL lime juice
3 TBL juice from canned jalapenos
3 TBL vinegar
2 TBL sugar
3 tsp prepared horseradish
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/8 tsp onion powder
dash granulated garlic

Combine all ingredients in a 2-quart pitcher. Store covered in the refrigerator.
Directions for mixing drink: Add 3 parts of the Bloody Mary Mix to 1 part vodka, over ice. This is also very nice by itself; just pour over ice and serve.

I'll have to try this. I just add hot sauce, WOR, and black pepper to V-8, tomato or clamato juice and if it's not hot enough add more.

I've been seeing this product on the internet and will see if I can order some.

http://www.barbecuewife.com

If I didn't have to teach tomorrow (and a football game to watch) I'd have one or two right now.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
I'm never happy with the ready-made mixes....... too many preservatives, I'm guessing........... Of course, I've since moved on to tequila, so I'm no longer "Up" on what's out there in Bloody Mary Mixes.....

Johnny West

Tequila has it's place but sometimes a good bloody mary can be refreshing, especially pool side of a hot day.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Tequila has it's place but sometimes a good bloody mary can be refreshing, especially pool side of a hot day.

My favorite is after a morning of shoveling snow.

Zing Zang is a wonderful bottled mix.

Lee

Johnny West

I'd like a Bloody Mary about any morning just wouldn't get much dine the rest of the morning. :mrgreen:

I see Target carries Zing Zang so will see if the local stores have it.

Johnny West

I'm enjoying the Giants beating the Cowboys with a Bloody Mary using my homemade V-8 juice with added horseradish, WOR, Piri Piri and FGBP. The vodka is Cupcake Lemon Chiffon and not bad in a cocktail.

Last edited:

Johnny West

I had one with my brunch today and it was so-so, maybe a bit bitter but I finished it. I never did eat the garnish.

IMG_7426.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I don't blame you, Johnny - ridiculous garnish!

No respectable Bloody Mary should have to bear such a garnish! :yuk:

Lee

Johnny West

Actually this is very popular to do in the NW and can be nice when you get your drink in a timely manner and want a quick snack before your appy or dinner. We were already eating when the drinks were served and by that time didn't care for it. Meg ate the shrimp and the rest went to the bin. The place I go to in Westport gives you a big prawn and pep stick with the bloody mary.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I've seen some crazy Bloody Mary garnishes, but this one might be THE most over the top! Allegedly, it only costs $5!

Includes a bag of popcorn, LOL!

It's called Limited Edition, if you want to look it up.

Lee

Attachments

• Limited edition bloody mary.jpg
    Limited edition bloody mary.jpg
    270.3 KB · Views: 294

Johnny West

This is probably the best Bloody Mary in this area and they have excellent seafood as well, heck the place is right on the water of the Pacific and where I go salmon fishing. I'm due to drive there for a seafood fix soon.

Normally I get a side of fried oysters, cup of clam chowder, and an order of fish and chips.

Half Moon Bay... their website is down.

Bloody%20Mary.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Johnny West

Just out of curiosity, what do they nail you for, for that little number ?

The last I heard they were $12 each and they use premium vodka, not the bottom shelf stuff. I know, bar bills will kill you. The mix is of their own concoction and I imagine very similar to yours.

The captain's platter is $29.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Mmmmm-MMMM!

I am not a huge fan of a lot of seafood, but I do like the three things you order, Johnny. However, I'd have to order the fried oysters and a cup of chowder OR the fish and chips.

Lee