What's cooking NCT Sunday, 7-9-17 to Saturday, 7-15-17?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Yeah!Glaze mine peeps.... Like the Biscotti glaze. :chef:
Now I want Biscotti with glaze and the little hard sprinkles.
Powdered sugar, vanilla, small splash lemon juice and enough milk to make a spreadable glaze. Don't think I have sprinkles.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Planning Hero sandwiches again for dinner.

My version Italian Hero's

Hero roll, Red wine vinegar, salt, ground black pepper, my all purpose seasoning, frozen basil (forgot to pick up fresh), rubbed dry oregano and extra virgin olive oil applied to roll.

italian_hero_1_071317_P1100126.jpg

Hormel dilusso genoa salami, ham, provolone, pepperoni, tomato, onion and red leaf lettuce.

italian_hero_2_071317_P1100130.jpg

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Duck breast with zucchini noodles, enoki and beech mushrooms, a recipe from Chef Mehta who was in 1 of the iron chef competitions. The pugs really appreciated the crackling I made for them

picture.php

Johnny West

I love duck and intend to get hunting for them again this year.

Tonight was stir fried cauliflower rice and almonds, and broccoli beef. It was all good - love the almonds with the rice.

Attachments

• #Brocoli Beef.jpg
    #Brocoli Beef.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 117
  • #Broccoli Beef 2.jpg
    #Broccoli Beef 2.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 110

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Cauliflower rice.
I read an article on it and how they are being forced to ration it at Trader Joe's.

I am seeing it everywhere around here and it doesn't appear to be flying off the shelves.

Green Giant has it as well as some other commercial brands.

Oh, I did go to Panera.
Thai chicken salad with peanut sauce.
Superb!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Plans changed. DD wanted Chinese. So hub and I split a pint of roast pork and Chinese vegetables.

Johnny West

Trader Joe's is a long drive and only do it infrequently. WinCo has cauliflower rice and last night looked at it but it was about to expire so passed. When I was making Branston Pickle I chopped cauliflower so imagine I could do it again, in a pinch. The cauliflower rice stir fried with a bit of ginger, slivered almonds, ginger, and coconut amino is quite good.

Embryodad

Supper was a frittata of onions / peppers / potatoes / eggs / topped with mootz
( mozzarella cheese. ) Ate it on hamburger rolls.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Pasta Night !

Spaghetti under a Marinara boosted by Peppers, Onions and Hot Italian Sausage.....
Salad was dressed with Grated Parmesan and a Creamy Italian .........

Spaghetti & Salad.jpg

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Tonight is ratatouille but will also do a pot roast in the crock pot and better get on it.

Do your pot roast in your instant pot. Only takes 35-45 minutes to tender fall apart shredded pot roast. Cut roast into smaller pieces and brown on Sauté mode in the inner pot liner, remove meat as brown. Then add 1-2cups water/broth/wine and deglaze pot. Add meat back and any other ingredients. Lock lid, close valve, manual, high pressure adjust to 35-45 minutes.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
DD want Wendy's so I got a tater with cheese and bacon. I'll have a couple scrambled eggs and some tomato later if I am hungry.

Johnny West

Do your pot roast in your instant pot. Only takes 35-45 minutes to tender fall apart shredded pot roast. Cut roast into smaller pieces and brown on Sauté mode in the inner pot liner, remove meat as brown. Then add 1-2cups water/broth/wine and deglaze pot. Add meat back and any other ingredients. Lock lid, close valve, manual, high pressure adjust to 35-45 minutes.

That pot is her toy - I seared off the roast in my cast iron chicken fryer using some ghee and sugar free bacon grease for a base. After I felt it was was seared enough I put it in the crock pot on high, deglazed the fryer with a bit of water and added that to the crock pot, into the crock pot went 3 onions. I left it on all day and it came out to perfection.

The side was a ratatouille which tasted fine but Peter wouldn't eat it as he hates egg plant.

I had two Applegate hotdogs for lunch.

Attachments

• #Ratatouille.jpg
    #Ratatouille.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 95

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Last night's dinner was pizza.
Thing is, it took 6 staff members half an hour to decide where to order from.
Jacks, The Point, Pizza Hut, Suever's or Topp Chalet.
Pizza Hut was finally called.

2 large, one meatlovers, one with ground beef, tomatoes, onions and mushrooms.
Had a slice of each, both were thin crust.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I made the baked ziti. It turned out very good. But I didn't have much of an appetite. So I had i large serving spoon portion (which I didn't finish). I also made microwave paper bag popcorn (1/4 cup kernels in brown lunch bag), zap 2 minutes. Had a couple handfuls with salt. That was dinner.