What's cooking NCT Sunday 4/23/2017 - Saturday 4/29/2017?

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Warden wanted more protein, so the Basil Sauce became a Meat Sauce...

Today is Macular injection day, so dinner will be something simple... maybe sandwiches ...

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Dinner courtesy of a link posted by Sass. Thank you.

I have planned "Unsloppy" Joe's.

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Thursday night was maky Jamaica night, jerk chicken, garlicky plantains, and coconut rice and peas.

Friday night will be rigatoni with pancetta with a garlic chive, pistachio pesto.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Met the kids at Western Sizzlin.
I'd gone off that place a while ago since whenever I leave always say I've had better steak.

Welp, I got baked chicken, their homemade dressing ( nice!) and green beans.
The others got steaks and didn't complain.
The wee ones had mac and cheese and applesauce.

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Pic of our garlic chive, pistachio pesto pasta with pancetta. The chives were a sub for ramps and didn't taste quite as garlicky as ramps when fresh, but boy oh boy when I added the pesto to the hot pasta, that ramped up (hah, hah, pun not intended) the garlic flavor insanely.

LMiuPKA6xba-NZRylT_Pii4SsDjyKuHL2UCUztZpgJopX92IB

Embryodad

We got stuffed halupki's ( cabbages ) cooking in the pot.
Macaroni salad left from last night, and mashed potatoes if one wishes.

Johnny West

My bud in Iowa made a big haul of ramps the other day and did up ham and beans and ramps - I miss them. They've been getting lots of morels, too.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Fried chicken, potato wedges and cole slaw from Chik N House.
It's a place that used to be KFC years ago.

We also went to see the High School's production of Beauty and the Beast after.
Tomorrow I'll make a big meatloaf with ?

Embryodad

Tomorrow is Sunday, yep! ok,
Mommy T wants Salmon Patty's. I said, " W H A T!"......./?????????
Never in my life did I ever have Salmon Patty's ( ON A SUNDAY )

Thats OK .... I will force feed one down. I n T he meantime, I will make some macaroni's of some sorts. I have tomato sauce already made.

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Saturday night, Chengdu chicken, old recipe in our computer cookbook that we've never made. Needs some tweaking, but could be really good.

WsQSmb65LNz746RuJMB53n413x_PKvq8cwj2hG5qFVEpX92IB

Last edited:

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
LuckyTrim said:
https://www.discusscooking.com/forums/members/37240-albums1070-picture6841.jpg[/IMG]

He got them from https://houseofcaviarandfinefoods.com/products/iqf-extra-large-escargots-prepared-helix-12-pcs.html which is local to us. We've gotten caviar, foie gras, and truffles there for special occasions, as well as a few other goodies now and then.

THX ! I had the order all typed up, then got to the shipping charge... $35 shipping on a $60 order....... I don't want them THAT badly... But thx fer thinking of me !:thankyou:

Dogboa

I finally did what I've been saying I was going to for quite some time. I used my jet cooker to do our stir-fry last night. I was surprised at how low the flame needed to be. I've been so use to the blast furnace needed to get my crawfish pot to a rolling boil. Our electric stove just can't get the wok hot enough to achieve "Wok Hei". That will never be a problem again. Glad I did not move at "stove top speed" with having the ingredients ready and in order of need. Our open air, screened porch has not become the stir-fry "kitchen.:mrgreen:

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
THX ! I had the order all typed up, then got to the shipping charge... $35 shipping on a $60 order....... I don't want them THAT badly... But thx fer thinking of me !:thankyou:
Overnight shipping isn't cheap and since they're frozen pretty much the only way to ship them and keep them frozen, even with packs. Whenever we get something like that, I usually like to buy a lot of stuff, like when we order mushrooms we can't get down here, or when Dogboa orders a sack of crawfish, now that's expensive shipping when you do same day air, $35 is a bargain. So, we order 40 or 50 pounds, even more sometimes. I'd pick some up for you and send them, but it still would be that much for overnight. Maybe come winter time and we can do second day. We can work something out them if you want.

Johnny West

Tonight was pappardelle and mushroom, something similar to stroganoff. There is enough left for my school lunch tomorrow.

Here is the foie gras we had the other night and forgot to post it. I'm ready for more, I tell you what.

Attachments

• ########Lamb Roast.JPG
    ########Lamb Roast.JPG
    138.5 KB · Views: 98

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Overnight shipping isn't cheap and since they're frozen pretty much the only way to ship them and keep them frozen, even with packs. Whenever we get something like that, I usually like to buy a lot of stuff, like when we order mushrooms we can't get down here, or when Dogboa orders a sack of crawfish, now that's expensive shipping when you do same day air, $35 is a bargain. So, we order 40 or 50 pounds, even more sometimes. I'd pick some up for you and send them, but it still would be that much for overnight. Maybe come winter time and we can do second day. We can work something out them if you want.

I've been pouting since I didn't order ..... I'm thinking I'll talk myself into it in time..... Have you ever worked with the canned product ?