What's cooking Sunday, 4/16 throuh Saturday, 4/22/2017?

Embryodad

Had a bologna and Swiss sandwich; hot peppers in oil on the side, and lemon chiffon pie for dessert.
Mommy had Swiss cheese roll ups, and jello and cream.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Hmm.. ended up making a bunch of BLT's after my friend Jane's son Mike and his buddy got home from work.
They both had two with some watermelon, then opened up a container of coleslaw.

I have since fried more bacon and have toasted bread ready for when Jane gets home as well as her hubby Larry.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I've put together a salad of "grilled and ready" chicken breast strips, mixed greens, tomato,cucumber and bell pepper.
- -Sweet vidalia onion salad dressing and croutons to be added later.

Domestic Goddess

Attachments

• Zesty Beefy Spaghetti Soup.jpg
    Zesty Beefy Spaghetti Soup.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 198

Embryodad

Today was a gloomy day, and nice and cool at 53; so I
asked Tina mommy what she wanted for supper, and she said,"Spaghetti and meatballs" in a nice thick tomato sauce.
And, so it was .....

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Total comfort in the kitchen last evening ...........

Two Dogs; Ketchup & Onions on #1 - Mustard & Relish on the other...
Fries and a Cheesy Veggie Mix.

Pizza tonight, unless I can change her mind...........

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Second verse, same as the first.
Another salad as yesterday, only adding sliced boiled egg this time around.

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
It was Ole' Ole' night here with Mexican appy/tapas.

Tequila, garlic, lime shrimp.
h2gdOZRTqE7REZqLb1HvhMJegPGlLlMVK1VCudqbmxIpX92IB

The triangular tortillas are used to pick up chunks of sauteed chorizo with meunster cheese melted on top. This was an appy the Mexican restaurant in Disney's Epcot used to have (still may for all I know).

The other things are little phyllo cups with a spicy spinach dip/quiche I kind of winged. A can of Rotels, onions, cheddar, muenster and spinach obviously. I think I messed up though and grabbed a can of Rotels with habanero instead of the original with jalapeno cause they were pretty spicy! But good.

krbWQO5HptUHYxabqfDk3gl1-jDdJiuS20rTu-18Ax0pX92IB

Johnny West

Last night was faux chicken enchiladas with Tim's new tortilla chips and Herdez salsa on the side chased with Horintos and Corona.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
The local Kiwanis Club are having their spring chicken bbq today.
Proceeds going toward the splash pad project at the public swimming pool.
So that will be my dinner.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
The plan is for either shrimp and snow peas or shrimp in lobster sauce with a side of steamed snow peas.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Got an Eye of Round to roast today.
Gonna try that recipe that calls for .................

1. Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F (260 degrees C). Season the roast with salt and pepper and place in a roasting pan or baking dish. Do not cover or add water.
  2. Place the roast in the preheated oven. Reduce the temperature to 475 degrees F (245 degrees C). Roast for 21 minutes (seven minutes per pound) then turn off the oven and let the roast sit in the hot oven for 2 1/2 hours. Do not open the door at all during this time!
  3. Remove the roast from the oven, the internal temperature should have reached at least 145 degrees F (65 degrees C). Carve into thin slices to serve.
Anybody tried it this way ?

Johnny West

Got an Eye of Round to roast today.
Gonna try that recipe that calls for .................

1. Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F (260 degrees C). Season the roast with salt and pepper and place in a roasting pan or baking dish. Do not cover or add water.
  2. Place the roast in the preheated oven. Reduce the temperature to 475 degrees F (245 degrees C). Roast for 21 minutes (seven minutes per pound) then turn off the oven and let the roast sit in the hot oven for 2 1/2 hours. Do not open the door at all during this time!
  3. Remove the roast from the oven, the internal temperature should have reached at least 145 degrees F (65 degrees C). Carve into thin slices to serve.
Anybody tried it this way ?

This deserves a thread of it's own. I like Dogboa's method, too.