Coffee Grinder Recommendations?

RobsanX

Potato peeler
Super Site Supporter
I'm in the market for a coffee grinder. I want something more substantial than the little Krups we have. Something with a hopper, and volume and grind settings.

Any suggestions?

bigjim

Mess Cook
Super Site Supporter
I use the Cuisinart. Costco had them for $30 at the first of the year. They generally run around $50. I think it would have everything you are looking for.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
I bought a used commercial Bunn grinder on ebay that has dual hoppers and you can adjust the grind and the amount. I have to say it is one of my favorite purchases. I think I paid something like $100 for it and it has performed flawlessly. I also have a commercial Bunn brewer and they sit side by side. (The down side is they are very large and heavy. They are on their own cart.)

RobsanX

Potato peeler
Super Site Supporter
I ended up getting a Capresso. It has good reviews on Amazon, and after using it once I think I like it!

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000AR7SY/ref=s9_simh_gw_p79_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=1GAHHWZA9TFY9RSWPT9F&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846[/ame]

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Wow, that looks really nice, Rob. Is it as quiet as the reviews say? Mine is crazy loud, but at least it doesn't take long.

RobsanX

Potato peeler
Super Site Supporter
Wow, that looks really nice, Rob. Is it as quiet as the reviews say? Mine is crazy loud, but at least it doesn't take long.

Ummm, no. It's not quiet at all. Those people must be hard of hearing! LOL!

This one is pretty fast too, so it's not bad to just walk away for a second.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Yeah, mine sounds like a freight train. But it's set up so that you slide the basket with the filter in it right under the grinder and the coffee falls into it. So it doesn't get clogged up or anything. I noticed that yours looks very easy to clean, Rob.

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
I have a very simple one, $5 at Goodwill. It is a Starbucks coffee grinder. Just grinds, that's all. Works well with our french press, though.

Carolina Cooking

I use the Cuisinart. Costco had them for $30 at the first of the year. They generally run around $50. I think it would have everything you are looking for.

I have this one also. It is nice . It gets heavy us at my house.

I also have 3 others . I use one for whole pepper. one for whole spices. the other for mixing up herbs or chopping a few nuts. they are all cheapie Braun's.