1 3-4lb corned beef briskit - rinsed and patted dry
2 tbsp coarse ground or horseradish mustard
1 bottle of dark beer
1 cup of water
1 large onion, coursely chopped
1 small package of baby carrots
1 small head of cabbage, chopped
2 bay leaves

On the bottom of the slow cooker, lay the chopped onions and carrots. Place the briskit on top of the vegetables, fat side up, and spread mustard over the meat. Pour in the beer and water along the side of the meat and add the bay leaves. Cover and cook on low for 6 hrs. After the six hours, add the chopped cabbage and continue to cook another 2 hours. Serve with buttered parsley noodles.

I guarantee this will be the most moist, succulent corned beef you've ever had! :eating2:

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
1 bottle of dark beer
1 cup of water
2 bay leaves

On the bottom of the slow cooker, lay the chopped onions and carrots. Place the briskit on top of the vegetables, fat side up, and spread mustard over the meat. Pour in the beer and water along the side of the meat and add the bay leaves. Cover and cook on low for 6 hrs. After the six hours, add the chopped cabbage and continue to cook another 2 hours. Serve with buttered parsley noodles.

I guarantee this will be the most moist, succulent corned beef you've ever had! :eating2:
I LOVE corned beef!! One question will the carrots get over cooked? Now I want corned beef. YUMMY

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
OMG, Rickismom, that sounds SO good!

And I love the fact that you serve it with buttered noodles instead of overdone, mushy potatoes (like I usually do). Brilliant!

Lee

Fe Stomach

When I go to purchase "Corned Briskit" All I can find is simply "Briskit"...are they the same? If not...what means 'corned', or what am I looking for?
:mellow:

(gonna try to make your recipe in a DO)

Thx Scotty

Fe Stomach

Thanks, that clears up a lot. (Hmmmm, nothing to do with corn, I can see the making of some good bar bets in this one somewhere...lol)

And thanks for the link to the Food Dictionary, that is going to be a BIG help to us beginners!

Thx :tiphat:
Scotty

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
When I go to purchase "Corned Briskit" All I can find is simply "Briskit"...are they the same? If not...what means 'corned', or what am I looking for?
:mellow:

(gonna try to make your recipe in a DO)

Thx Scotty

Hi Scotty - Corned Beef is a briskit that has been cured and comes in special packaging with seasonings. It's of Irish origin. You can ask at your meat dept where it is if you have trouble finding it. I hope you enjoy it :biggrin:

I'm planning on trying this recipe for the first time this year. And with St. Pat's coming up this Saturday, anyone else have a crockpot corned beef recipe they'd like to share for comparison?

Okay - I've been making Corned Beef for St. Pat's Day for, oh, around 35 years.

Made Rickismom's recipe yesterday & must proclaim that it was hand's down THE VERY BEST CORNED BEEF I'VE EVER HAD IN MY LIFE!!!!!

I made a few minor alterations - used 1/2 a bag of frozen pearl onions instead of the regular chopped onion, & left out the cabbage since I was butter-sauteeing the cabbage on the side. Also, since I was running a little late, cooked it on high for 5 hours instead of on low for 8.

I used a bottle of Guinness for the beer, & was amazed that the Corned Beef didn't end up bitter or with a beery flavor. Just moist, succulent, absolutely perfectly cooked Corned Beef - & this was with the cheaper & slightly "point cut", not a "flat cut". I also - sort of as an experiment - tossed a couple of halved baby yellow potatoes & a few pieces of turnip in with the baby carrots, & was amazed that 1) they didn't turn to mush after the long cooking time, & 2) they didn't taste greasy from being cooked with the corned beef. Amazing.

I can't even remotely imagine EVER making Corned Beef any other way than this way again.

THANK YOU RICKISMOM!!! :chef:

Last edited:

Embryodad

Made Rickismom's recipe yesterday & must proclaim that it was hand's down THE VERY BEST CORNED BEEF I'VE EVER HAD IN MY LIFE!!!!!

I made a few minor alterations - used 1/2 a bag of frozen pearl onions instead of the regular chopped onion, & left out the cabbage since I was butter-sauteeing the cabbage on the side. Also, since I was running a little late, cooked it on high for 5 hours instead of on low for 8.

I used a bottle of Guinness for the beer, & was amazed that the Corned Beef didn't end up bitter or with a beery flavor. Just moist, succulent, absolutely perfectly cooked Corned Beef - & this was with the cheaper & slightly "point cut", not a "flat cut". I also - sort of as an experiment - tossed a couple of halved baby yellow potatoes & a few pieces of turnip in with the baby carrots, & was amazed that 1) they didn't turn to mush after the long cooking time, & 2) they didn't taste greasy from being cooked with the corned beef. Amazing.

I can't even remotely imagine EVER making Corned Beef any other way than this way again.

Sounds like it was all pluses for you. Sounds great.

I used all beer and it was awesome too.

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter

You're very welcome & your addition of the turnips sounds great! I'm going to try that too :chef:

Johnny West

1 bottle of dark beer
1 cup of water
2 bay leaves

I’ll make a note.