Sunday 3/11/2012 What's cooking?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Corned beef went on sale and hub came home with 2 corned beefs, potatoes and cabbage. I think he wants it for dinner. LOL I'll decide in awhile.

Any plans.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
BUMMER !
Having a procedure tomorrow, so must fast today......................
I'm already starv-o-cating !

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Corned beef is simmering. I shredded a quarter of a cabbage (on the mandoline) and grated a carrot to make mayo cole slaw for hub and DD#2 and for cabbage salad (sans the mayo, dressed with oil, vinegar and spices for DD#1 and I).

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Either chicken and dumplings or chicken tortilla soup

Corned beef sounds wonderful! I like to cook the cabbage in the corned beef broth.

Embryodad

Chicken Breasts ( Skinless and Boneless ) Cut in triangles...pieces..
Onions..S & P ..Carrots and potatoes..all dusted with garlic powder and drizzled with cooking oil...and roasted in the Oven till really well done and crispy as possible.

I think DW is going to make a banana cake. We'll See! Or NOT!

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Angus Rib-eye and Strip Steaks. Extra thick. They look so good. I should have pics to share later.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Either chicken and dumplings or chicken tortilla soup

Corned beef sounds wonderful! I like to cook the cabbage in the corned beef broth.
I like cabbage cooked and raw. I will have some of each (not the cole slaw with mayo just the cabbage salad). It smells wonderful in here. I put some of my pickling spice blend in a tea ball.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
DS got us on the Verizon family plan with him today, and me and DW bought iPhones as well. we are playing with phones getting them talking to the iPads, iPods and Mac Book laptops, so cooking is out of the question today. We are taking DS to the Chinese buffet for dinner...one of his favorite places with lots of seafood and sushi. I did make some bread this morning and need to slice, bag and freeze it.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
ahhhh, i need only babysit monday, so im'ma see if my brother'll get me some food. wendy's is tolerable if i get a baked potato & chili. haven't got time to cook; he's getting me this evening.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Corned beef, potatoes, cabbage, cabbage salad (raw shredded cabbage & grated carrot dressed with oil, vinegar and spices) and mustard (Trader Joe whole grain Dijon mustard, Tobasco Hot and Spicy mustard and Gulden’s spicy brown mustard)

031112_corned_beef_P1090402.jpg

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
sweet, now i haven't got to watch raynin. i luv to watch her, i'm so dagnabbin tired these days tho. thinking pierogies & broccoli & carrots. my guy already dined @ his Gramma's on stuffed shells. yum.

Embryodad

Chicken breast pieces... Roasted with onions and carrots and taters.

Cauliflower ...steamed / butter / S & P

c4f67d42.jpg

d9d5a9b4.jpg

43281b20.jpg

Shermie

Site Supporter
Here it is - the finished product!!

From start to finish!

A successful hit on the very first try in a pressure cooker!! I think I'll do it this way ALL the time.

Shaves off & saves hours of cooking time in the oven!! No more waiting hougs on end to be able to enjoy homemade Boston Baked Beans!!!

Pics below.

1. The pressure cooker that was used to cook the beans.

2. The beans after they were picked & washed.

3. The beans in the pot before being pressure cooked.

4. The finished product after being pressure cooked.

This very same unit was also used to pressure-quick-soak the beans as well, saving hours of overnight soaking!! What will they think of next?!!

Attachments

• 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 120
  • 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 122
  • 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 126
  • 015.jpg
    015.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 123
I don't buy much processed food products, but hubby returned from Costco the other day with a tray of "Turkey and Spinach Lasagna" by "Frankly Fresh".

I have to say that it was DELICIOUS. Popped it in the oven for 45 minutes, & it was, again, delicious. Didn't taste commercial at all. Would definitely buy this again to keep in the freezer for an impromptu meal.