Actress Farrah Faucet & Pop Singer Michael Jackson Dead!!!!!

Shermie

Site Supporter
NBC NEWS, LOS ANGELES - Don't know where else to put this, but we lost 2 more iconic figures in the entertainment world today!!

1. Actress Farrah Faucet has died after a long bout with cancer. She was 61.

She was diagnosed with the disease in '06. She had it under control and was in remission, but it came back wilder and fiercer than before. She was always being called an angel because of the '70s show that she starred in - Charlie's Angels.

Her sexy saucy hairdo at the time into the '80s drove male teens and men wild and women in envy!

She also played an abused battered wife in the TV film The Burning Bed.

2. Pop singer Michael Jackson has also died!! He was 50.

The news report had said that the star had went into cardiac arrest, the fire dept and paramedics said that there was no pulse. He was also said to have gone into a coma. NBC News had officially confirmed it. That he was in fact dead.

MJ had for years battled legal issues ranging from charges of alleged child molestation to being sued. His early '80s album Thriller had catalpulted him to kicked up notches unknown to mankind, earning him unprecedented grammy awards. In an award show, he walked away with about a dozen or more that might alone! he would have been 51 on August 29.

Sources seen to think that his years of having plastic surgery, his leagal court battles and his almost seemingly nonstop work and tours might have
contributed to his eventual demise.

Both stars will be missed by all who knew them and loved their work.

If you recall, it was last summer in August that we lost both Bernie Mac and soul singer Issac Hayes in the same weekend. :sorry:

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Having seen the story about Farah a month ago, we all knew it was just a matter of time. She did put up quite a fight. I'm torn with having seen such personal and private moments, though. I don't go for People magazine, or that tv show Xtra...I don't give a damn what tv or movie stars are doing.. But, and this is just my opinion based purely on speculation...I got the impression she wanted this last footage to be insprational. You know, she was only in Charlies' Angels for one season. She was nominated for an oscar for her role in Extremities.

Having watched the rise and fall of Michale Jackson, and given the depths of weirdness he preferred to swim in, I'm surprised he lasted this long, to tell you the truth.

What I did see was a nation poised to mourn a woman who was a heartthrob to millions, a meal ticket for Wella Balsam, a brave person to show everyone what was left after cancer ravaged her....and Miss Michael Jackson steals the thunder. To me, that is a damn shame.

Shermie

Site Supporter
Sounds like you might be trying to say that even in death, Michael Jackson has the last word and trounces over anyone who died recently before HE did.

In any case, I didn't really expect him to go. But rumors have certainly been flying around like wildfire that that he was teatering on the edge. Some just didn't know how bad things were with him.

Now, all his music will probably fly off the store shelves like hotcakes!! At least no one murdered him.

But I didn't like what he has become with his face. A freak of nature. Yes he was darker and had a big nose, but he looked much better back then than he did in recent years! He was a very handsome young man back then!!

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Sounds like you might be trying to say that even in death, Michael Jackson has the last word and trounces over anyone who died recently before HE did.

!

Well, yeah, that's pretty much exactly what I said.....
I'd be curious to see which news stations give Farah Fawcett first billing when it comes to air time tonight.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Having seen the story about Farah a month ago, we all knew it was just a matter of time. She did put up quite a fight. I'm torn with having seen such personal and private moments, though. I don't go for People magazine, or that tv show Xtra...I don't give a damn what tv or movie stars are doing.. But, and this is just my opinion based purely on speculation...I got the impression she wanted this last footage to be insprational. You know, she was only in Charlies' Angels for one season. She was nominated for an oscar for her role in Extremities.

Having watched the rise and fall of Michale Jackson, and given the depths of weirdness he preferred to swim in, I'm surprised he lasted this long, to tell you the truth.

What I did see was a nation poised to mourn a woman who was a heartthrob to millions, a meal ticket for Wella Balsam, a brave person to show everyone what was left after cancer ravaged her....and Miss Michael Jackson steals the thunder. To me, that is a damn shame.

I pondered the fact that MJ's death got (and is getting) way more attention. Then I thought, at least Farrah's family will have a somewhat more peaceful ceremony. I feel for Ryan, and perhaps this diversion in attention will make it somewhat easier......well at least a little less 3-ring.

FryBoy

Oh, for the love of God! While channel surfing I stopped momentarily on Channel 5 here in L.A. -- all Michael, all the time -- the camera was outside the Jackson (rented) home, and the announcer had the temerity to liken the scene to the death of Kennedy!

As my wife said, I'm not sure I'm from this planet!

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
It is interesting what happens when the performer of the best selling Album in history dies. One single album, Thriller, sold more copies than any other in history. At it’s peak, it was selling 1 Million copies per WEEK. More than the Beetles could do. More than Elvis could do, more than any country star, more than any one in the history of music….ever……period. No album has ever sold more copies. Yet MJ didn’t liken himself unto Jesus Christ like the Beetles did.

When a giant history maker like that passes, it is noticed.

Shermie

Site Supporter
I'd be curious to see which news stations give Farah Fawcett first billing when it comes to air time tonight.

CNN (Larry King) has him on there now.

Top artists are express their loss of a person who captivated the entire planet by storm.

And yes, between himself and Farrah, more people will attend HIS funeral than with hers!

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I was saddened by both deaths, but sheesh!
Two in one day was almost too much.
I was at Mom's apartment eating chinese with her when the news came on Msnbc.
Seemed to me, they and TMZ had confirmed Jackson's death way ahead of what CNN and Fox were saying.
IMO, those two (Fox and CNN) were milking it, or at least being careful until they got official word that he had indeed died.

I liked Michael Jackson when the Jackson 5 were all the rage, I liked him during the time he did Off The Wall and Thriller.
Once all the controversy started with his change in looks and behaviours, I lost interest.
However, I think he was cool still a little after that as well.

I was living in England when the hanging the kid off the balcony in Germany thing happened. After that, he was a freak, and I don't mean to say that in a judgemental way, it's just I think his life, fame-whatever all started to come crashing down on him, and that was the beginning of the downward spiral.

I shall remember him for the good music and wonderful joy he brought to people through his music, and I liked a lot of his music.

Shermie

Site Supporter
Actually, that's THREE celebs who died this week!

MJ was often controversial with his lifestyle and music, but the world IS suffering the loss of a truly extraordinary star. But also, we can't forget Farrah either.

Shermie

Site Supporter
And sadly, Farrah will be treated the same way also.

Doesn't sound right, but unfortunately, that's the way that it is.

His death will be the most talked about tragedy since the 09-11 terror attacks.

Last edited:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
And sadly, Farrah will be treated the same way also.

Perhaps not. I think NBC are doing an hour long special on her tomorrow evening, if I'm not mistaken.
She, above all deserves the attention right now if anyone does.
She didn't die from old age or a supposed drug overdose.
She fought til the end.

Shermie

Site Supporter
You're right, NBC IS doing a special on Farrah.

But it was just announced that specials and videos will be aired about Michael for at least the next few weeks to come.

He'll be talked about more than Biggie & Tupac!

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
You're right, NBC IS doing a special on Farrah.

But it was just announced that specials and videos will be aired about Michael for at least the next few weeks to come.

He'll be talked about more than Biggie & Tupac!

Who are they? :tongue:

Yeah, Michael Jackson WILL be talked about for weeks and weeks to come, only because he was the first, dare I say, African American of our era, along with his brothers, and then on his own-to really make it in the industry.
Just think for a moment how LONG his career has spanned, and all the successes, never mind all the controversy and bullshit the guy has gone through in that time.
He was talented. He was messed up.
He came from a messed up beginning that was filled with a lot of junk if all accounts of his upbringing are correct.
He made certain moments of my life a little brighter from 1968- 1988+? ( along that time frame anyway).
Nothing bad to say about the man at all here.
May he finally REST IN PEACE.

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
But then he is bigger news and has had a much bigger effect on the world - good & bad. I like his music and was concerned about his wierdness but then, he didn't really have a childhood and, from what I have heard, a very controlling dad -he may have been just trying to capture the lost part of his life.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Perhaps not. I think NBC are doing an hour long special on her tomorrow evening, if I'm not mistaken.
She, above all deserves the attention right now if anyone does.
She didn't die from old age or a supposed drug overdose.
She fought til the end.

Damn right she did! We watched her show and biography a few weeks back, and she was simply amazing. God Bless her! I just really thought she was gonna beat this. I really did. Dammit.

If "this" was based on guts and fortitude, then she had it in the bag. Too bad other factors come into play. RIP Farrah! You were an inspiration. :kiss:

Shermie

Site Supporter
Who are they? :tongue:

Yeah, Michael Jackson WILL be talked about for weeks and weeks to come, only because he was the first, dare I say, African American of our era, along with his brothers, and then on his own-to really make it in the industry.
Just think for a moment how LONG his career has spanned, and all the successes, never mind all the controversy and bullshit the guy has gone through in that time.
He was talented. He was messed up.
He came from a messed up beginning that was filled with a lot of junk if all accounts of his upbringing are correct.
He made certain moments of my life a little brighter from 1968- 1988+? ( along that time frame anyway).
Nothing bad to say about the man at all here.
May he finally REST IN PEACE.

Biggie Smalls, aka Christopher Wallace & NOTORIOUS B.I.G., and Tupac Shakur were both rappers.

Tupac was murdered in Las Vegas in November '97 and Biggie was murdered in March '98.

They were actually gangbangers as well, but both were big music stars in the rap world

The film NOTORIOUS this year is based on the life & times of Biggie Smalls.

Shortly before me died, MJ had announced to a croud of fans that the tour that he was about to do, would be his last. "No more after that. Please know that I'll always love you all. You have to know that. You have to.", he said to the crowd.

That right there, might have been his way of saying that he might not be with us soon!! Struck me as being odd!

I remember when actor John Ritter died so suddenly from a heart condition that he didn't know he had.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
But then he is bigger news and has had a much bigger effect on the world - good & bad. I like his music and was concerned about his wierdness but then, he didn't really have a childhood and, from what I have heard, a very controlling dad -he may have been just trying to capture the lost part of his life.
I believe with all my heart that is exactly what he was trying to do, especially when all that shit concerning his being involved with young kids was going around.
Why don't people believe in innocence and real love and caring anymore?

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Ya know...all of the well known people who have died this week have really got me to thinking. Our time could be up at any moment. What will be the last thing that I say to the people I love and/or care about? What kind of memories will I leave behind?

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
The problem is that we have been made, due to big cases, so aware of molestatation that is seen everywhere and you can't be yourself. I am a man who works with young children and the amount of suspicion I have faced and double talk. I have been told I can't cuddle upset children or have then sitting on my lap.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Biggie Smalls, aka Christopher Wallace & NOTORIOUS B.I.G., and Tupac Shakur were both rappers.

Shortly before me died, MJ had announced to a croud of fans that the tour that he was about to do, would be his last. "No more after that. Please know that I'll always love you all. You have to know that. You have to.", he said to the crowd.

That right there, might have been his way of saying that he might not be with us soon!! Struck me as being odd!

I remember when actor John Ritter died so suddenly from a heart condition that he didn't know he had.

I know who they were... just joking with you there, Sherman.

I had hopes that when Michael was going to do this new tour, he'd have been able to recapture himself and get it all back on track.

Don't think MJ had a heart condition, I think he was suffering from an electrolyte imbalance, malnutrition and was possibly taking something, per the reported news that he was working out with Lou Ferrigno.

We shall see tomorrow, won't we?

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Ya know...all of the well known people who have died this week have really got me to thinking. Our time could be up at any moment. What will be the last thing that I say to the people I love and/or care about? What kind of memories will I leave behind?

Carp......

I'm going to bed now....really.....and if this is the last then know I love you all! NCT rocks, and all of you are great!

You're right Mama, we need to spend more time on love and sharing and making good memories. With that, I think I'll sleep well tonight. Thank you! :kiss:

C'ya tomorrow guys and gals!

Maybe I'll get up early enough to post in the Good Morning thread!! :lol:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
The problem is that we have been made, due to big cases, so aware of molestatation that is seen everywhere and you can't be yourself. I am a man who works with young children and the amount of suspicion I have faced and double talk. I have been told I can't cuddle upset children or have then sitting on my lap.

That's sad Ray.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I just watched the Dateline Specials on both celebrities.

"Farrah's Story" was lovely and heartbreaking.

Michael's special barely scratched the surface of who he was. His story needs a miniseries.

Lee

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter

I have the same problem with being able to show affection to my kids in public. If I do, I get evil stares from mothers around me, I have even seen some pick up their cell phones! Kids need their dads just as much as they do their mothers, people need to start remembering that.

heb1976

Well I was DVRing The Listener last night and when I went to watch it this morning ... it was a special all about Farrah! Pissed me off actually. The news might have been talking about him - but she got the special.

And seriously ... who cares who gets more coverage. I see your point in the cancer aspect - but Farrah was a D list actress. In her interviews, she came off very snobby, like she was better then everyone else. I didn't care for her at all - but she was not part of my childhood either.

Michael was a much bigger star then Farrah! A little kooky? OK - alot kooky! But still ... how come no one is complaining that the death of Ed McMahon had like what 2 hours of coverage?

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
But still ... how come no one is complaining that the death of Ed McMahon had like what 2 hours of coverage?

I was pissed that Ed McMahon got very little coverage.
Farrah's death was expected.. we knew it was coming sooner or later.
Ed McMahon and certainly Michael Jackson's deaths came as total surprises to most of the world.