Tuesday 1/17/2012 What's on the menu?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I will be making the chicken I didn't make yesterday.

Any plans?

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Breakfast – Chive and (Land O Lakes) American cheese omelet (a little browner than I like) with sliced tomato on the side.

011712_cheese_chive_omelet_P1090324.jpg

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
ok peeps... i love omlettes like that... and i despise crispy eggs or browned eggs.

where do you live? i think i need to be your neighbor to..lol

tonight will be hamburger stew

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
ok peeps... i love omlettes like that... and i despise crispy eggs or browned eggs.

Thank you BamBam! LOL I am a Jersey girl!

Embryodad

Breakfast – Chive and (Land O Lakes) American cheese omelet (a little browner than I like) with sliced tomato on the side.

When the eggs are fried in Butter...I wait for the butter to start to brown, and just when it smokes a little....chhhhhhh...in goes the egg.
I love the brown crispy edges.

NOT when fied in Oil!!..Unless it is a frittata.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Well, I was planning b/s chicken breast but all this talk about breakfast has me rethinking it :lol:

Embryodad

Its gonna be ... Shepherds pie for DW... She's makin and freezin it for her Uncle
in South Jersey...
hehehe...she leaves for a few days Tomorrow. Yippy! errrr I mean, Oh I Will Miss Her SOOooooo Much!
( Shhhh! Like a ..... ) ( I better Not! ) .... You Guys know what I'm Sayin? Right?

I can get lots and lots of work done when she's gone! With help from my helper "Jack D."... ( Daniels that is! ). Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

:beer:

I'm having the left Ham & Bean soup for lunch!....and Macaroni's for supper later on!

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Fish, fried if I'm feeling evil :D broiled if I'm not, and a marinated salad

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i found some city chix in the freezer, broke the pack in half & put it into a pan of h20 to thaw, so i'm hoping that. mashed taters, maybe some gravy, & a veggie if i pick one. haven't made that in some time now.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
The woman who initially hired me over 20 years ago to work in her professional kitchen is coming for a visit. I'm making jambalaya and corn muffins. Chocolate covered cherry breadpudding for dessert.

Hubby left this morning at 4:45 a.m. & just now walked through the door, feeling like "turkey tacos". So that's what he's getting, poor dear.

msprissysmom

Neck Bones
Greens w/cabbage
Pinto's
Corn Bread
Banana Cake

Had the Greens/Cabbage & Pinto's in Freezer Bags, when I made a BIG pot

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Day three on Sunday's roast chicken. Today I coarse chopped the remaining chicken and drowned it in Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce, and thawed out a couple of my sandwich thins to make the Sammie's. Also made macaroni salad to go with it, and the last of the chicken will be my lunch tomorrow.

I also roasted all the chicken bones and made a pot of chicken stock. It's cooling in the garage for the night.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Dinner - Oven roasted bone in chicken breast, stuffing, pan gravy and steamed broccoli, cauliflower and carrots.

011712_roast_chicken_stuffing_P1090326.jpg

Embryodad

Everyone's dinners / meals sound and look great.

It was jjust leftover ham & bean soup..with a few hunks of bread and butter.

Right now, I'm making a small batch of chili sauce for chili dogs tomorrow.