Bought New Logitech Speaker System for my Computer!

Shermie

Site Supporter
Hi, guys!

I just bought a new Logitech speaker system for my laptop pc!!

I got so tired of straining to hear the sound coming from the pc, which is very low at times, so while I was in an OfficeMax Store picking out a stapler, I looked at some speakers for the pc.

Was going to get the cheaper Phillips set, but chose the Logitech set instead. Now I can hear the sound loud and clear! Beautiful stereo sound!! :chef:

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I have a Creative 7.1 surround sound system on my computer at the moment with a Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS it has worked well for 5 years now and soon to be 6 years.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Hi, guys!

I just bought a new Logitech speaker system for my laptop pc!!

I got so tired of straining to hear the sound coming from the pc, which is very low at times, so while I was in an OfficeMax Store picking out a stapler, I looked at some speakers for the pc.

Was going to get the cheaper Phillips set, but chose the Logitech set instead. Now I can hear the sound loud and clear! Beautiful stereo sound!! :chef:
Yay Shermie!

Shermie

Site Supporter
Yay Shermie!

Thanks, Sass Muffin.

Joec, I have a JBL Surround Sound System (now called Home Theater) for my stereo system. Had it for almost six years. Still going strong!

With 5 small satelite speakers and and 8-inch pure-powered subwoofer. And for a subwoofer of only 8 inches, it really kicks butt!!

Has powerful floor-shaking bass that you can actually FEEL!! When music is played though them, forget about it! Blows you away!:clap: :tiphat:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
This is the sound system for my computer.
I love it.

ss.jpg

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Thanks, Sass Muffin.

Joec, I have a JBL Surround Sound System (now called Home Theater) for my stereo system. Had it for almost six years. Still going strong!

With 5 small satelite speakers and and 8-inch pure-powered subwoofer. And for a subwoofer of only 8 inches, it really kicks butt!!

Has powerful floor-shaking bass that you can actually FEEL!! When music is played though them, forget about it! Blows you away!:clap: :tiphat:

Yes love JBL speaker systems and have a pair of their small computer speakers on my office computer. I don't have a system except the built in on any of my TVs as of yet but might at a latter date add some. My 46" Toshiba HD TV has it built in and does sound great though not as good as my old stereo system did (gone for years now). The bedroom TV is small and really not needed but do have BluRay players on both the big TV and the bedroom TV both of which are HD. My other TV is my home computer that I'm on now it is using the 7.1 Creative system with a Hauppauge TV tuner. Every thing in my home is connected to Directv.

Shermie

Site Supporter
Forgot to mention that it also has a center speaker as well.

Sass, that system must take up a lot of room!

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Yea Sherman!! I have a set of Logitech speakers for my laptop as well, sure do make a huge difference don't they? Same setup as Sass's speakers.

I also have a Logitech Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround with THX hooked up for the TV. It has connectors for each device (converter, DVD player, Wii) so each one can get the 'pure' sound it puts out.
It also has a plug for your computer, which I use from time to time to play my music from my laptop. I tried turning it up, but he kids run screaming from the room and the wife (upstairs in bed) says it is so loud she thinks it is in the room, LOL.
Gotta love that bass, too!

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
I’ve got Logitech 2-way on the capture PC, Altec Lansing 2.1 on the regular PC, Logitech 5.1 on the PS2/GC/N64 setup, and Sony AV 5.1 with Infinity speakers (center, front, satellite, and sub) on the Home theater. Recently re-did everything and got rid of some older equipment, but I’m digging the new stuff.

Shermie

Site Supporter
Here's what my new Logitech Speaker System looks like.

Attachments

• Logitech Speaker System Z323 (Black)..jpg
    Logitech Speaker System Z323 (Black)..jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 126

Rob Babcock

Being an audiophool, my PC audio rig is a bit more "involved" than most peoples main living room stereo.:brows: I have a Stereolink USB-DAC converting the digital stream to analog; this is connected to an NAD C320-BEE integrated amp via Speltz Anti-Cables ICs. This in turn is connected to a pair of Monitor Audio Gold Reference 10 speakers by "custom" shotgun bi-wire cables that I made myself. I agree with you that having a quality sound system at the PC makes a big difference.

BTW, you should see my actual living room system!:shifty::mrgreen:

Y

YT2095

I use Labtec speakers, but in the workshop I use a Valve (Vacuum Tube) Amplifier that I built and that drives a 1930`s Stentorian 3 Ohm 10" speaker and it sounds remarkably nice, with the added advantage of heating the room at the same time :D

Shermie

Site Supporter
The next things to get are a keyboard and keyboard cover, and an external floppy drive and that should do it.

Wart

Banned
The next things to get are a keyboard and keyboard cover, and an external floppy drive and that should do it.

LOL! Floppies!

I have a Mavica that used floppies. Betweenthe camera and computer things got so bad I could only count on the floppy once.

Damn, I have floppies around here. Everything that wasn't marked 'special' had to go. I counted about 500 going into the trash. I have about that many left.

I still get giddy when transferring graphics from the new camera. Takes as long to transfer 2 gigs as it use to take to transfer 2~3 floppies.

Keyboard covers, never liked them. My first real extensive use of a computer was logging maintenance. Keyboard had a cover, I still stab the keys hard.

I use Labtec speakers, but in the workshop I use a Valve (Vacuum Tube) Amplifier that I built and that drives a 1930`s Stentorian 3 Ohm 10" speaker and it sounds remarkably nice, with the added advantage of heating the room at the same time :D

Oh Yeah. Tubes. :a1:

I had a tube mono amp. I think it was rated at 15 watts. Compared to todays 'amplifiers' it was more like 60 watts. Damned thing could make some sound. Nice mellow sound too.

Heating the room? I have a tube timer/ power regulator for an enlarger. And photo chemistry is temp sensitive.

>>>

Wife calls me from Goodwill. Says she found a set of speakers with a stereo. All from Akai. ? She says the fronts of the speakers come off and the bass surrounds are intact. I say time for the next test-firmly pinch the surround. No cracking, goes right back to what it was.

Cool. How much? $20. Minus 35% off.

Stereo is junk but the speakers seem OK.

What happened is my stereo is from the '80s. After a couple of years in storage I wired it up and she sounded sweet. Then I started hearing a rattle. Seems the surrounds of hte woofer didn't like being outside. Plus speakers of that era seemed to suffer these problems.

In my putting off buying (and installing) new surrounds for the Fishers I've blown up or blown out or burnt up three (?) sets of speakers. These are just the latest.

But it seems these are going to last a while which is fine with me, lots better than the dinky TV speakers.

I'm in no real hurry to repair the Fishers, until this TV smokes there is no real place to put them. Still I look forward to the day I once again have 12" woofers.