Can I get some help??

homecook

I'm not too savvy with posting pics and I need to know how to turn a picture around. It was taken long ways with the camera and I need to make it upright to post. Unless you guys would like to get a crick in your neck looking at it. LOL

Please and thank you!!

cara

well.. I hope you have your pic on the computer already?

the allowed file size for jpgs seems to be 195kb (strange..), so you need to get your picture below that.
There is a nice small application that may help you:
http://www.bluescreen.de/imgresize/us/download.php

try to get it below 160kb, then write your comment with the reply button.
If you scroll down, there is the "Manage Attachment" Button.
click it, choose the photo, do the upload and "submit reply"
that's it :lucky:

edit: I should read... :rolleyes:
do you have it upright on your computer?
If yes, save again and under save option make sure you disable "keep original exif" options or something like that..

Last edited:

homecook

Thanks cara.......I know how to post the pics, it's just sidewise and I don't know how to post it to turn it right side up......did that just make sense??

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I'm going to assume you have a PC with some version of windows be it XP or Vista. Now all versions as far as I know come with MS Paint which can rotate and picture fairly easy. Also Microsoft Photo Editor is another free program you might already have as well. I've had it since Win 95 but not sure if it came as part of Office or some other applications but it is available if not. It is a bit easier to use than Paint is and does a great job as well. To use either of these simply load the picture then flip it to get what you want and save it.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I use Photoshop or Irfanview. Photoshop costs big bucks, Irfanview is free.

Here is the download link for Irfanview. Siimply open the pic in it and under Image select roate left or rotate right. Then save the pic and upload to the forums. :thumb: :D Easy once you have the right tool.

http://www.irfanview.com/main_download_engl.htm

Lefty

Yank
I use Photoshop or Irfanview. Photoshop costs big bucks, Irfanview is free.

Here is the download link for Irfanview. Siimply open the pic in it and under Image select roate left or rotate right. Then save the pic and upload to the forums. :thumb: :D Easy once you have the right tool.
I use Irfanview all the time especially for resizing before posting. It is so easy to use too. +1 for Irfanview

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Yep, you can do the same as Doc says in Flicker and Picasa. Very easy for those of us who aren't so computer savvy :).

cara

in some forums you have to make sure that you disable the originla exif infos - I know some that show portrait-shaped one lying on the site if you still have them in

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Irfanview is excellent and it also resides on my computer along with several other graphics apps.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
I love irfanview!

But JoeC has a point. Paint Brush should already be on your system since it ships with windows.

Just go to Start > Run and then type in “pbrush” without the quotes to open Paint Brush. From there, select Image > Flip/Rotate, then check the rotate box and how much you want to rotate it. Once it is rotated the way you want, save it and you're done.

Attachments

• Rotate.JPG
    Rotate.JPG
    29.1 KB · Views: 116

homecook

I used Paint and basically used what you said Keltin. I think anyway, that looks familiar. lol Whatever I did it worked.

Thanks again for all the quick responses...........

I posted the pics in the apron thread.......