The "Breakfast" thread

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I had homemade yogurt. I made it with all ultra pasteurized half & half this time. It came out fantastic! I couldn't decide between lemon curd or strawberry/rhubarb compote topping .... so I had both! LOL

yogurt_curd_compote_040519_IMG_5575.JPG

Johnny West

My son only know how to cook for large quantities and then plates - he made a whole package of steel cup oats and had one helping. the rest went into the refer so I'm eating oatmeal everyday till it's gone. Oatmeal, maple sirup, and milk. :heart:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
My son only know how to cook for large quantities and then plates - he made a whole package of steel cup oats and had one helping. the rest went into the refer so I'm eating oatmeal everyday till it's gone. Oatmeal, maple sirup, and milk. :heart:

I've been eating instant oatmeal every weekday for a year and a half, ever since my doctor told me I had borderline high bad cholesterol. Fortunately, I like oatmeal. With Vietnamese cinnamon, a few raisins, a sprinkle of sweet and low, and almond milk.

I like steel cut oatmeal more, though!

Lee

Embryodad

I've been eating instant oatmeal every weekday for a year and a half, ever since my doctor told me I had borderline high bad cholesterol. Fortunately, I like oatmeal. With Vietnamese cinnamon, a few raisins, a sprinkle of sweet and low, and almond milk.

I like steel cut oatmeal more, though!

Lee
I love to eat steel cut Bobs Red Mill brand; ( if that means anything).
I don't eat cooked cereal, so, I eat the oatmeal with just cold milk in it.
A banana or raisins to sweeten it. Tina cannot understand how I could eat it that way.
The first time I ate oatmeal, I ate 2 cups. It blew up in my intestines, and I was constipated for three days. It absorbed all the water out of my intestines I guess! It turned to glue Tina said....
I limit myself to one cup now.....

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
wine & then i'll look in my fridge-- my Mom says i'm too honest, yet sent me to Catholic school

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
This A.M.'s Cheese, Pepper & Onion Omelet under a Sweet Chili Sauce, Home Fries and a Sweet sausage Burger...
...and plenty of Spuds left for Dinner !

Omelet, Western, Sausage, Home Fries.jpg

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
It is 2pm- but I haven't had breakfast yet. Nice omelet will do the trick.
2 eggs, onions,poblo peppers, ham, & cheese.

Attachments

• 1fb.jpg
    1fb.jpg
    207 KB · Views: 149

Embryodad

Thanks Sass....

Just follow ups with the pulmonary Dr. ..... c o p d
Tina, DD, and I took a beating from this new Asthma Bronchial infection.

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
Good Morning all-
Another glorious Summer like Day, here in the San Francisco Bay Area.

Attachments

• 1wb.jpg
    1wb.jpg
    169.4 KB · Views: 180

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Avocado toast and poached eggs topped with
Dukkah.

Attachments

• 2019-04-24 12.32.52.jpg
    2019-04-24 12.32.52.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 178

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Dat's fancy.
Yum.

LOL! Kinda sounds and looks that way, actually had it at a fancy place for brunch several weeks ago to the tune of $12. However, it's really simple to make, just mash avo with some salt, pepper and olive oil, spread over toasted bread, poach a couple of eggs, which I did the microwave way, and you're done! I made the Dukkah mixture last week when we had a dinner that used it, so it was in the fridge already. Dukkah's not that hard either, just toasting and grinding some spices and nuts.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I must try avocado toast sometime. I see it all over the place these days.

Lee

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Today's Brunch ;
Breakfast Steak & Three-Egg Broccoli & Cheese Fold-over, Smashed Baby Reds...

Steak & Eggs.jpg