Is anyone here doing Keto?

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
DW is type 2 and I'm just old and fat. They wanted her to take Trulicity for $358.00 per month.
Nope, nope, nope. No funds for that. That number is after Insurance. Last
year, it was something like $40.00 this year they jumped it to tier 4 from tier 3.

Anyhoo, we started Keto and she is getting the same numbers that she did
with Trulicuty. It's weird doing it. Meals kind of get turned upside down.
We both feel better, I sleep less and have more energy. Weight loss isn't anything to write mom about, then, we aren't hard core.

Anyway, with all that said, if anyone is doing it and would like to share the journey, that would be nice.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
It's good that it is working for you and your wife Andy.
I was very willing to try it with my younger sons former girlfriend, but she couldn't stick to it.
Good Luck.
I've heard many good things as far as weight loss from those I know who've stuck to it.

I've a friend who went crazy when she found a cauliflower based pizza crust instead of having to follow a complicated recipe.

As with any plan there are some doctors who advise against it, saying it's much like the Atkins was.
I don't know.

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Hi Sass - It is similar to Atkins. It was dev rd loped in the '30's (I think) to help epileptics have less seizures. High fat, moderate carbs, then the rest. Most calories come from fats. That causes t h.g e body to make and use ketones instead of carbs. If I rewatch the meals. I can find some pretty nice ones. If I get lazy. I can do that too. I should be better than I am.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
These Andy.
20181107_081952.jpg

FB_IMG_1541596615877.jpg

FB_IMG_1541596516911.jpg

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
What are your average keto type meals Andy?

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Andy, are you and Maureen still doing keto?

I see some great-looking recipes for it, like lasagna-stuffed chicken breast.

Lee

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Hi Lee. No, Keto has died.We kind of got scared off with the concerns for liver damage. I was OK on it. Maureen was not getting results. She has switched to Noom and is getting better results than she has ever had. It is a longer term plan that stress awareness and seeks to change lifestyle, which is the only real lifetime fix.

I can loose weight with most any plan I try. My problem is that I don't deal with stress well, which does not necessarily work well for a self employed (Yes, still) computer tech. When stress peaks, I seem to start a "If you can't eat good, eat a lot bad" diet.

I am quite proud of her and her results. In a couple weeks (I think) we will see what it has done for A1C goals.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Yes, I'm very leery about high-fat diets, as appealing as they might be.

Noom is a pretty straight-forward method of looking up and logging information about what you eat and how much you exercise, with some other perks. Looks like a great way for people who like cell phones to use them! Best of luck to Maureen!

Lee